17

_______________________________________

!-⇩ Recap ⇩-!

_________________________________________

"Hey giyuu look over there at that tree" sanemi said pointing at a tree that stood beside one of the Villages walls. Giyuu turned his head to look in the direction where sanemi was pointing, "is there something different about it? " giyuu said walking over to the tree with his boyfriend, I mean, sanemi. "Yea I can sense a demon near it, or more so, below it..? " sanemi said now standing in front of the tree, "ah, there's some freshly digged dirt over previous dirt, perhaps a demon digged down into the ground to hide... " giyuu said looking at the ground as sanemi followed his gaze.

The two hashiras studied the dirt but took caution on what could've been down there, "we should hold back for now, it could be a trap" giyuu said calmly looking over at sanemi once again, "let's come back at night and see if a demon comes out" sanemi says returning giyuus stare.

They stood in silence for a few minutes before starting to walk back to the estate so they could get some rest before they were to head out again to search for the demon(s).

______________________________________

                  Third person POV:
_________________________________________

“Hey Tomioka'' Sanemi called out, breaking the awkward silence, “yes Shinazugawa?” Giyuu responded, slightly tilting his head to the side to look at Sanemi. Sanemi sat up on his bed putting his hands on the back of his head before saying anything, “sooo why do you always act as if you're different from all the other hashiras?” … “I would rather not say, but I can assure you that it's not what you think the reason is.” Giyuu spat out, fully facing Sanemi this time, “why do you want to know anyway?” Giyuu asked, catching Sanemis attention and dragging him out of his thoughts, “hmph, i just wanted to know, must there have to be a reason behind why i asked?” Sanemi said coldly, leaving Giyuu unfazed by Sanemis answer.

Giyuu stood up and walked towards the door that led outside of their room, “you wanna come” Giyuu said looking back at Sanemi who was still sitting on his bed, “where to?” Sanemi asked confused, “I heard there's a nice view of the sunrise a bit far away from this village.” Giyuu responded, “I think I'll pass then, thanks for the offer I guess?” … “It wasn't a question.” Sanemi looked at Giyuu for a couple of seconds before chuckling, “Oh? So you're ordering me to go with you. What are you planning, some kind of date or something” Sanemi laughed.

Slight warmness creeped up on Giyuus face causing him to quickly turn around to face his back at Sanemi, “no not a date, i just think the view would be nice, and the last time i saw Kamado he told me that if i wanted to make a friend, that i should take the person to a place that would might enjoy..” Giyuu said, still embarrassed.''

(lmao Sanemi getting friendzoned??)

The room filled with silence and Sanemi just stared at Giyuu with a blank expression, “well then, move your ass and lets go'' Sanemi said jumping off his bed slowly walking towards Giyuu waiting for him to lead the way, “ah, right, well then follow me” Giyuu said holding the door open for Sanemi before walking in front of him leading the way down the hallways and out of the estate. Both of the Hashiras gulped in the refreshing air from outside, rather than the hot moist closed in room they were staying in for the past nights, outside felt a lot like their freedom. “Oh and Shinazugawa, i don't mind if you think of this as a date, think of it as however you would like really” Giyuu said not making eye contact with the hot tempered boy who side eyed him, Sanemi didn't answer but instead smiled a bit, quickly forcing it into a frown after he realized he was smiling, “whatever.” 

_____________________________

__ Time skip to when they arrived at the place __

_____________________________

“We’re here” Giyuu said, stopping in his tracks to glance over his shoulder to look back at Sanemi who was close behind. As Sanemi caught up he stopped beside Giyuu and looked at the view they had.

From where Giyuu and Sanemi were standing, they were able to see the whole village and what lay beyond that, the sky was a mix of pink,orange,blue, and red, the sun was just beginning to settle. The two hashiras couldn't speak or say anything but just be memorized by the beautiful view in front of them. Eventually Giyuu took his eyes off the sky and looked at Sanemi who was standing beside him, Giyuu saw the way Sanemi smiled and in that moment Giyuu had felt something he had never felt before, as if something had pierced into his heart causing these strange mixed emotions. Perhaps it was the way Sanemi looked alongside the view, or how his smile looked so softened and beautiful, or maybe it was the entire sight of just how Sanemi looked altogether.

 no matter what it was Giyuu was feeling, he enjoyed it.

yeehaw that's all for this chapter, ik cliff hanger boooo I'm so boring ah rip off my hands immediately 👩‍🦲