50. Giving back the lost

I suggest you all to read a few of the previous parts to understand the story because me, myself had to reread the whole story before writing and ps: I didn't write it 'that' well before...*ahem* also writing after 1.5 years gets you out of contact.

KMA 0900 hrs

Brig. Chandok took to the podium with Col. Chandra and all faculty members by his side and all the cadets in audience.

Brig. Chandok: Good Morning Everyone, jaisa ki aap jaante hai, kal army court ne Capt. Rajveer Singh Shekhawat aur Capt. Naveen Singh Ahluwaliya ko ba izzat bari karr diya hai aur unprr lagaaye gaye sab charges ko pesh kiye gaye sabooton ke binah prr khaarij kar diya hai. They, along with Col. Shakti Chandra are now the part of the Army Intelligence forces.

Kuch saal pehle, Capt. Naveen ko issi academy mei frame kiya gya tha, which lead to some disturbing phase for both him, his family and the academy, kyunki bohot sawaal hum parr bhi khade hue thhe. Aur ek saal pehle wahi sab Capt. Rajveer ke saath dohraya gya. We all saw this as a shameful time for us but what we didn't know was, it was all planned by a group of traitors, collectively known as the Eagle Group. One unexpected turn in this story came when it was revealed that both the Captains unknown to them were being guided by Col. Chandra and his team who had their eyes on the Eagle Group and it was all a facade to trap them.

After tremendous efforts they all succeeded and today we have the traitors behind the bars, and innocents, here with us. As part of their mission, Capt Naveen and Capt. Rajveer came back to academy with different identities after their so called death or disappearance. They were among you all living a different lifestyle but fulfilling their duties undercover.

We saw some fairy tale phase as well where Capt. Naveen got married to Dr. Shalini though not planned but a welcomed surprise.

The evidences and case was presented in the army court by  Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwaliya under Capt. Rajveer's guidance  and with  Lft. Bunty Chaubey's relentless help.

We uncovered some traitors hidden between us in the name of Abhimanyu Rai Chauhan, Capt. Salve and Maj. Nair from the academy and some more personnels within the army. Their punishments are yet to excited by the court and they are under judicial custody.

The Eagle Group was headed by Lala Gehlot who is also in the judicial custody.

We also got to know the disturbing fact of Cadet Singh shooting Capt. Rajveer during a mission, and the punishment for her is to be decided by the Comandent of the Academy. Being the commandant and having seen all past attempts to rectify her mistakes, as well as her great help in the investigation, Cadet Singh is suspended for 3 days from the academy. She can stay here but cannot take part in the classes or drills.

Further details regarding the convicts will be shared later.

But as they say, all's well that ends well. And the academy has also been given the responsibility of hosting the reinstallation ceremony of Capt. Rajveer and Capt. Naveen. This will be held tomorrow, August 15, the day where one year back Capt, Rajveer was stripped of his titles and rank. An attempt to return the lost. Along with the flag hoisting, we will have this ceremony. The duties for the execution of the plans goes to Cadet Singh, like previous time, I hope you will prove me right here Cadet, and will give out the best time to remember to your brother and teacher.

__

Brig. Who had seen Naina go dull after listening to her suspension decided to get her peppy again and also, lessen, if not end her past miseries. And as expected she had gone joyfully and energetic. As soon as Brig. Along with seniors and faculty left the auditorium she got to work in full action. Duties were assigned which were very similar to the previous time when she had hosted the ceremony for the first time. The only difference, the hollowness then was now filled with pride and gratitude for all that she had got. Huda was yet again incharge of the flag, Ali and Alekh of the kitchen while Yudi and Pooja for the decoration. Naina looked over everything and also did a remarkable job in handling preparations for the upcoming guests.

The day soon ended with the academy dolled up to give back the lost titles and also celebrate freedom of the country. Freedom from past acquirers, freedom from disguised traitors and freedom from all past bad memories.

Next Day (August 15)

The guests had arrived, and all planning in place. Cadet Naina Singh along with rest of the cadets had done a wonderful job. Truly a remembered one for time to come. Soon the National Flag was hoisted in all its glory, and National anthem played by the band followed by the playing of the KMA anthem in bg, and an unmatched March Past by the cadets. The parade also saw the unexpected guests, Capt. Naveen and Capt. Rajveer giving salue to the flag on horses.

The most awaited time arrived when Brig. Chandok put on the ranks and medals on both the Captains uniform which was no less than a dream for many. They couldn't help but tear up for what they achieved. Tears of happiness, tears of tireness from the journey and tears of thankfulness.

As they were getting back the once lost, they recalled the bad time when today had seemed never possible. Thanking the almighty for his powers they ended the ceremony with a short note from Col. Chandra and Brig. Chandok.

***

Once again the trio collected infront of the Wall of Fame. Which once held a blank frame now was happily bare of the name plate as well, looking at the one standing in front. Rajveer and Naina recalled all the times when they had reached to a point of no hopes but gained some motivation from this blank wall. Their first encounter was in here only, two lines tangled in themselves trying to reach the third, were now tangled together with the third binding them. The wall yet again witnessed a weak moment with teary eyes but with a smile adorned where the three hugged each other in victory and in pride.

.

.

.

And here goes the last chapter for this story, my first published story. I hope to receive comments to know your views on this part as well as for the whole story. BTW is an epilogue wanted ?? 🤔 if yes, what do you wanna see in it ? Comment please.

Signing Off
Kikaberry