Book 1, Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"He's gotta be from Octavinelle House." Trey mentioned, motioning toward the happy-looking white haired boy from the entrance ceremony, and a very pretty dark-haired boy who seemed to be internally dying.

"And the student sitting at the table in front of him has a red and gold armband- Scarabia colors."

"They look like the sun and moon." Yuu remarked.

"Those dorms are for the smart students. They're always neck-and-neck in the academic rankings." Cater said, pausing for a moment. "Ah, but the current housewarden of Scarabia doesn't seem to be all that great of a student..."

"And here Cater goes off on some tangent." Ace rolled his eyes.

"Ha. You learn fast. Let's get back on topic." Trey said, dismissive of Ace's behavior.

"You see the flashy one with the purple and red armband? Those are Pomefiore colors." Trey pointed toward a very pretty-looking group.

"Whoa! The girl with the potion books, I really like her!" Yuu did a double take, the surprised meme sound effect playing in her mind as her eyes landed on a purple haired, delicate looking girl.

"What's she doing in a boys' school?!" Deuce yelped, looking suddenly nervous.

"You two are such morons. There aren't girls officially enrolled here." Ace said, poking Yuu in the side. "Right, Yuu?"

She jumped slightly, giving Ace an awkward thumbs up. "Y-yep!"

"WHAAAT?!" Deuce and Grim cried, the young boy turned around, confused.

"Speaking of girls, there's a portrait in the west hall who's a real beauty. Name's Rosaria." Cater teased. "If you'd like to meet her, I'd be happy to introduce you. Maybe we can set something up?"

Yuu furrowed her brow.

"A painting? Hard pass! I don't care how cute she is if she's two-dimensional!" Ace remarked, making Yuu poke Ace in the side. He jumped, glaring.

"Whaaaat? It's true. You're telling me you'd date a 2D girl?" He asked, defensively.

"I'm just saying, don't be rude. The paintings here have feelings." She said, turning her nose up at a very confused Ace. Mission: Dodge the question was successful.

"Come on, man. Who cares how many dimensions she's got!" Cater said, agreeing with Yuu. Yuu gave him a thankful nod as he began to continue speaking.

"Anyway, they take vanity pretty seriously at Pomefiore. It's basically a dorm full of models. Their housewarden has 5,000,000 followers on Magicam." Cater said, dreamily.

"Oh, I would definitely die there." Yuu muttered. She did like makeup as much as the next girl, but she didn't really have much of a sense of style.

"Hey now, they're not all just pretty faces. The students at Pomefiore are among the best at potions and casting curses." Yuu shuddered, reminding herself not to go too close to Pomfiore.

"Heh heh. True dat." Cater chuckled at Yuu's slightly disturbed expression. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a single, gloomy-looking boy. He seemed on edge with all of the people around, and Yuu pouted sympathetically. It took her years of training from her friends to get used to talking at all. She noticed him scamper away upon grabbing his food.

"Next, we have Ignihyde... Their armbands are blue and black, but I don't see any around here." Cater said, looking at Yuu. "They tend not to be the most outgoing of students. Even I don't have a single friend from that dorm. They're kind of the polar opposite of us sunny, fun-loving Heartslabyuls."