Chapter four : FN-2187

"Ben, don't do this." I plead but he just looks down to the floor.
"I'm not a prisoner!" I yell, feeling myself get filled with anger.
"You are not a prisoner!" He yells back and I can tell I struck a nerve.
"Then why are you locking me up?" I ask, feeling tears sting in my eyes.
"Mirta..." He starts but I shake my head.
"I need to keep you safe!" He raises his voice.
"Safe from what?" I croak out as tears threaten to spill.
"There is a whole galaxy out there, so many dangers. I can't loose you again." He tries to reason.
"Exactly. There is a whole galaxy out there Ben. You can't keep me in just one room for the rest of my life." I say, almost begging him.
"Mirta don't make this harder than it needs to be." He pleads, his voice now sounding broken.
I stay silent, looking at him with glassy eyes.
He lets out a hurt sigh before he walks up to me and reaches his hand out to my cheek.
I feel his fingers glide across my skin and I draw in a sharp breath.
"I missed you angel." He says in a hushed tone.
He now cups my face with both of his hands as he steps even closer to me.
I close my eyes as he rests his forehead against mine.
I can tell he's trying to keep his composure as I focus on his breathing.
I can feel how upset he is as his aura disrupts all of the force around us.
I'm sure he can also feel my pain swirling around us as if there are two different colours of ink, mixing in a cup of water.
His forehead leaves mine and without opening my eyes I feel him leaning in before our lips softly touch.
He kisses me so softly as he lets out a slow, shaky breath through his nose.
For a moment I think about pushing him away, still angry at him, but I can't bring myself to.
I have missed this, I have missed him.
I defied death to be here with him so I allow myself, only for a brief moment, to loose myself in his touch.

~Kylo's pov~

I kiss her so softly, as if she could break at my touch.
I have longed for this for so long, having her with me again.
I will let nothing take her away from me again.
I pull away from her but when I look at her face I see two single teardrops making their way down her rosy cheeks.
I use both my thumbs to brush away her tears as she looks up at me with pain in her eyes.
"I'll be back soon angel. There's just a few things I need to go take care of." I tell her.
I want nothing more than to stay here with her but I have things I need to take care of.
I promised myself I would be a better person for her, because of her.
"No. Ben. No!" She pleads and I see a hint of fear in her glassy eyes.
"I will return soon." I say again as I place a soft kiss on her temple before letting go of her face.
"Ben!" She sobs as she grabs my arm, stopping me in place.
"Mirta..." I sigh, not wanting to do this.
I try to walk away from her but she won't allow me to.
I move my hand in the air and with that, glue her to the floor.
The second I lock the door she'll be able to move freely again but for now she needs to stay put.
"Don't you dare use the force on me!" She yells with anger and hurt as she stands there, unable to move.
I start walking away from her.
The door opens for me as I swipe my hand in the air.
"Kylo!" She yells and I stop.
I stand there, frozen at her words as I feel them cut right through my heart.
I don't look back, unable to face her.
I hear her quiet sobs before I try to regain my composure and walk out into the hallway, locking the door behind me.
I hear her run to the door and bang her fists against the metal as she screams for me.
With every step I take, bringing me further away from her and her cries my heart cracks a bit more.

I go to make sure the doctor who took care of her this whole time gets brought to Ossus together with his family.
As soon as all the preparations are made and the ship is about to leave I walk up to them as they are about to board.
I leave some distance between me and them and simply nod at the doctor.
I already have my gloves and helmet back on, hiding the pain of Mirta and I's last conversation.
The doctor ruffles the hair of the little boy that looks exactly like him and kisses his wife tenderly on her cheek before they both head into the ship.
The doctor walks up to me with a grateful smile on his face.
"When you get there there will be multiple huts that you can restore and claim as your own. There is also a house by the lake." I say but then I pause for a second as all the memories of Mirta and I flood my mind.
"Could you please make sure the building stays in good condition? You are not allowed to use it under any circumstances but I want it to be taken care of." I say sternly.
He simply nods, showing me he understands.
"Thank you. I will never be able to repay you for this." The man says and I can sense his gratefulness.
"You saved her. You have earned this." I say simply before we part ways again.