Last Chapter

Hours went by as it finally reached 11:30 pm. The various questions that both you and Yunjin answered made time get away from everybody. The sound of the front door opening got everyone's attention. The sight of their manager seemed to get a response from the girls as everyone but Yunjin jumped up.

"WE HAVE TO GO!"

"Go? Oh did I take up too much of your guy's time? I'm so sorry."

"No, it's ok Porter. Me and the rest of my members are going home for the holiday. Yunjin is staying here until tomorrow so you guys can still catch up. We are going to go get our stuff."

Before you could respond to Chaewon, all of the rest of the girls ran to their rooms and grabbed their bags. In a matter of seconds, the girls all returned to the living room handing their small backpacks to their manager.

"Two minutes girls. I'll see you all in the van. Yunjin, have a safe holiday. And you, be smart please."

Taking a glance at Yunjin, you saw a small blush appear on her face that matched your own. Standing up, you went over to their manager and shook his hand.

"Have a good night."

Releasing your hand from his grip, you suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around you.

"Goodnight Oppa. I hope to see you more one day."

"I hope so too Manchae. Take care."

Saying your farewells to almost everyone else, Sakura walks in front of you and extends her hand. Shaking it, Sakura then gives you a smile and whispers at you.

"Make her smile. Ok?"

"Always. Safe travels."

Waving goodbye, Sakura walked out of the living room leaving just you and Yunjin standing there. Deciding to take the initiative, You walked back over to the couch and grabbed the backpack you had placed down. As your left hand opened the bag, your right hand pulled out a green box you had wrapped up.

Facing your best friend once more, your feet took a few steps towards her until you were just a few inches away.

"Merry Christmas Jen. I-I hope you like it."

Raising her hands, your best friend then took the box from your hands and sat down on the couch. A look of excitement was on her face as her hands ripped open the wrapping from the box. With the cardboard box now free, Yunjin then took the lid off and looked inside.

Her face changed from one of excitement to one of confusion as she pulled out a large book. Despite being confused about what was in her hands, Yunjin pulled open the cover of the book. Just like other times in the day, her eyes shot open but there was quickly a mix of tears added.

"A-Are these?"

"Yeah. These are all the letters you sent me over the years. I kept every single one and put them all in there."

Yunjin proceeded to flip through the pages as tears rolled down her cheeks. Despite her scrolling through, her hand went back to the first page.

"The first letter. I was so curious about your life then. Talking to someone from another state sounded amazing to me. I'm sorry if I annoyed you back then."

"Hey. Don't ever apologize. I was a salty little kid who didn't want to do his work. Your excitement about the project made me write to you. Thank you for just being you."

As you finished those words, Yunjin jumped into your arms and took you in an embrace. The action was sudden but her warmth in your arms felt just perfect. As your nose laid next to her hair, the smell of lavender filled your nostrils and then your senses. You could have kept smelling her but much to your dismay, Yunjin pulled back and ran away.