Chapter 11

Arthur pov

I thought that night would be quite and peaceful for us and not have to worry about any uninvited guests to the village unfortunately I was wrong cause I felt someone waking Guinevere and I up and as we opened our eyes we saw Agravain on my side of the bed or to be more specific one of his shadow clones, I can tell by the fact his stats had have been cut in half. Agravain must have been using him to guard us.

Arthur: Agravain, what is the reason for you to wake us? * slightly annoyed *

Guinevere: Indeed, I was in the middle of a sweet dream. * rubbing her eyes *

Agravain: My apologies, my king, but we have an emergency. * kneeled by our bedside *

Me and Guinevere looked at each other with concern.

Arthur: What's the emergency?

Agravain: Something is coming towards the village Tristan has issued to wake everyone.

Knowing Tristan's powerful hearing, he can discern who or what engages him in battle, but now, in this world, his hearing passes the normal parameters. Which means it's serious.

Arthur: Agravain, have you awakened the others?

Agravain: Yes, my king, and they are waiting for your commands.

Arthur: Very well leave us to prepare ourselves.

Agravain: Yes, my king. * leaves our tent*

Me and Guinevere changed back into our equipment and headed to the North gate with the other knights and on our way we see many of the villagers still in their sleeping attire and looks of concern many of them are families huddling together for comfort and protection being led by Orlando's men to the center of the village grouping together all the civilians.

Arthur: Word spreads fast.

Lancelot: No surprise, seeing knowing the village is relatively small.

Mordred: But why are they going to the center of the village? Shouldn't they be in their homes?

Perceval: If I had to guess, it's for an immediate escape.

Mordred: Why not leave now instead of rounding everyone up?

Arthur: Mordred, you have to consider that many of the people here consist of families that include children and the elderly so it takes time, and so they do not want to risk separation. Can you imagine if Camelot was like this village?

Mordred: My apologies, uncle.

Arthur: It's ok as long as you know the situation the village is in.

Lancelot: Arthur, I see Tristan with Orlando and his men.

Up ahead at the north gate, Tristan and Orlando were staring out in the distance, prepared for what was coming along with some soldiers, only around ten of them not enough to stall enemy forces.

Arthur: What's the situation?

Orlando: Arthur, thanks for coming. Tristan has told me and my men of an incoming army, and from his description, he told us it's a race of demi-humans, and I believe I know what they are.

Arthur: Then please enlighten us on what sort of demi-humans are we dealing with? * focused on the dark horizon *

Orlando: They're known as Bafolk, and believe me, they are dangerous. I've had a run-in with their leader…barely survived.

I remember Bafolk from Yggdrasil normally live in mountain ranges, giving them a field advantage, but Bafolk leaving their homes is rare unless it was event related. But before we could continue our conversation, Tristan alerted our attention.

Tristan: I hear them approaching us, make ready!

Everyone looked into the distance and (and there not far from the village, bathed in moonlight) we saw a massive dust cloud approaching. All of Orlando's men ready their weapons regardless of the numbers.

Orlando: From the size of that cloud, we're going to be overrun in minutes. * steadying his nerves *

Before I could speak another world, Gawain tapped my shoulder for my attention and whispered in my ear.

Gawain: My lord, would you like me to bring more light for our allies?

Arthur: How so?

Gawain: I would like to use radiant sun if you permit me.

Radiant sun is Gawain's tier nine spell that can be used only out in the open world, but its effect can bolster his fire attacks greatly, and that has given me an idea.

Arthur: Perceval, go fetch our mounts!

Perceval: Yes, right away! * rushing to the stables *

Arthur: Gawain, you have my permission on my signal? I understand?

Gawain: Of course.

Arthur: Good and Agravain.

Agravain: Yes?

Arthur: I need your help with a task.

Agravain: As you wish.

Arthur: How are you with restraining large groups?

Agravain: Have not failed yet.

Arthur: Good…Guinevere, Mordred, Galahad,Gareth, Tristan, and Bedivere, I also have a task for the six of you.

Bedivere: What need do you have of us?

Arthur: I need you six to defend the village while the rest of us head to the invading forces.

Tristan: Understood.

Before I could leave, Mordred stopped me by grabbing my shoulder, turning me towards her and her face, showing anger and frustration.

Mordred: Understood my ass! While you and the others head out to face an army, the six of us are stuck here babysitting the village?!

Arthur: Mordred i…

Mordred: To hell with that, I'm coming too!!!

Before I could retort another word, Galahad stepped in between us facing Mordred.

Mordred: The hell do you want Galahad? * clenching her first *

Galahad: Stop this, you're acting like a child, not a knight.

Mordred: Oh, is it so Knightley for the leader to leave the six of us behind?!

We all watched silently as we watched Mordred vent her anger until Galahad spoke again with a stern look on his face like his father.

Galahad: Are you so dense in not figuring out his intentions?

Mordred: * confused* What?

Galahad grabbed her by the collar of her armor and pulled her into whispering distance. While my knights looked around to ensure no eavesdroppers.

Galahad: You forget this world is foreign to us. We are unsure what these new foes are capable of, which is why he wants us here at the village as the last line of defense. Surely you can understand that.

Mordred wanted to argue and refute his argument but she finally understood what my intentions were and submitted defeat but still had an upset look on her face and I did the one thing I remember from her bio that she likes. I started placing my right hand on her head and gently rubbing it.

Arthur: * smiles under the helmet * It's alright Mordred next time we encounter an army. I promise you'll accompany me.

Mordred: * blushes * Thanks, uncle.

Arthur: Now then, let us be on our way.

Guinevere: Good luck, darling. * smiles *

Me and my remaining knights and I mounted our horses and headed out to the field to engage the enemy.