Ch. 4: Straight to the Moon

The walk back to Pink Diamond's base was quiet as Pearl, Sharm, and Chromus walked behind her.

"Are we there yet?" Chromus asked.

"Don't worry, Chromus. We are almost there." Pink Diamond said with a smile.

"You do not need to be so impatient." Pearl said, scolding the taller male gem.

"He is just feeling a bit eager thats all" Shard explained.

"I just wish to rest a bit more before anything else is all." Chromes said, still tired from their duel.

After they walked some more eventually they arrive at their destination, the enviroment changing to a beautiful garden filled with lushy green and plants all alike.

Share and Chromus smiled at the greenery, looking around as they past the plants.

"Beautiful, is it not?" Pearl asked, seeing their expressions.

"Words are not enough." Chromus said.

The garden was a vibrant tapestry of colors and textures. Lush greenery covered the ground in a blanket of varying shades, from deep emerald to bright chartreuse. The foliage was a mix of both familiar Earth plants and otherworldly botanical wonders, creating an otherworldly blend of the familiar and the exotic.

Tall trees, adorned with leaves of various shapes and sizes, reached towards the sky, their branches forming a natural canopy that dappled the sunlight. Rays of sunlight filtered through the gaps, casting patches of warmth and gentle illumination on the garden floor.

Flowers of every hue imaginable burst forth from bushes and vines, their petals seeming to shimmer with an otherworldly luminescence. Some flowers were massive, their blooms almost the size of a gem, while others were delicate and intricate, their intricate designs inviting closer inspection.

As the group continued their leisurely walk through the enchanting garden, they eventually arrived at a central clearing, a space meticulously designed to be both functional and visually captivating. Nestled within this space was a magnificent structure that immediately drew their attention – Pink Diamond's palanquin.

The palanquin stood as a symbol of elegance and authority, adorned with exquisite craftsmanship and the distinctive touch of Pink Diamond's aesthetic. It was a lavish creation, a fusion of gem technology and artistic design. The exterior gleamed with a pearlescent sheen, radiating a soft and inviting glow as it caught the shifting sunlight.

"This is just one example of what makes Earth so amazing, guys. All of this life here that is flourishing and thriving with just simple sun, water, and dirt! It's incredible!" Pink said with a smile. "It's even better than my old garden!"

"My diamond, what do you mean by that?" Shard asked.

"Hmm? What do you think I mean by this? Is it that complicated? Its just beautiful." Pink said to him, still smiling.

"What my brother means is, when did you have a previous garden and where?" Chromus asked more clearly.

This question made Pearl flinch a bit as Pink Diamond looked sad for a moment before shaking her head.

"It's not important. It was a long time ago, Chromus." Pink Diamond said.

"I'm sorry, my diamond." Chromus said with a bow. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's alright, Chromus. You didn't know." Pink Diamond said, giving a sad smile.

"A-Anyway how are things around here my Diamond?" Pearl asked, trying to change the subject.