1. Fugit irreparabile tempus

Começar do início

Things were different with werewolves. If the public appreciated the royal vibe that the vampires gave their group, they thought werewolves gave them a rough image. They weren't known for their manners or their unnatural beauty that only vampires were thought to be able to achieve. Werewolves were rough and strong creatures, they were territorial. They could shape-shift. The industry thought it attracted people less, which wasn't true at all, in Sunoo's humble opinion. Nonetheless, they fit some concepts and were featured more and more in groups.

So no, a couple werewolves or a vampire in a group weren't rare. But to have a group that was half-vampire, half-werewolf, with the oddity that they only had a human in the lineup—that was strange.

"We had different ones during I-Land," Sunoo continues, "and other accommodations as well. So why not now?"

"Well, there are many reasons-"

"Because they had health regulations to follow during I-Land," Sunghoon chimes in, "but no one is here to keep them in check anymore so they don't care."

"Yep, that," Heeseung says.

Sunoo groans in response, he's got the feeling there are other reasons why the company cares less about these things anymore, reasons such as his presence in the group and his own human nature, but he doesn't want to talk about it. He pushes these thoughts aside as unfunded ones and focuses on putting the full containers in the fridge now that space is available.

"When are the others coming?" he asks to Sunghoon.

He shrugs, before Jungwon's voice comes from the living room, loud so that he can be heard.

"Jay-hyung texted, they are on their way back!"

"I wonder what took them so much time, they are usually here by dinner."

And by usually, he means all the time. He would know, since it happens every month since debut, and even before that. Every month, Jay, Jake and Niki would leave the night right before the full moon, only to come later during the day that followed. But it happened around noon, or at least after lunch—not so late that it was already dark outside.

"Maybe it happened," Hesseung says.

And he doesn't even have to specify what he is talking about, as the others are thinking about it as well. Sunoo crosses his fingers and hopes that Heeseung is right. As the days passed and Niki's eighteenth birthday approached, they got their hopes up a teach of their monthly visits at the center. And the youngest boy grew more and more impatient.

As he was making his way to the living room, the front door opened. Sunoo hears some commotion, the sound of shoes coming off and then sees Riki storming off to their shared room without a word to the others. They can only exchange a knowing look, aware of what must have happened, as the door slams behind the youngest.

The two elder werewolves appear in the living room shortly after, and Jake lets himself fall on the couch right next to Jungwon.

"m'so tired," he mutters to no one in particular, and it brings a smile to the leader's lips.

He starts to rub circles on the elder's back, shooting him a sympathetic look, "How come Jay hyung is always more energetic after a full moon compared to you?"

He doesn't answer, the only sound leaving his lips being a content sigh at Jungwon's touch.

"Well for starters," Jay appears back from the kitchen where he had disappeared, a glass of water in his hand, "I sleep enough the night before my transformation."

Jake groans in response, his words half muffled as he hid his face between the decorative pillows, "You know that I can't sleep before these nights."

"Stop taking all the place," Jay nudges him on the shoulder, but does not make any movement to sit down on the couch. He gives him the glass water instead, which Jake accepts wholeheartedly.