1. Fugit irreparabile tempus

Check the spotify playlist for this fic on my pinned!!

"You're one of a kind, and no one understands

But those cry baby tears, keep coming back again"

- Melanie Martinez, cry baby

_____________ 

"Hyung! Again?"

Sunoo scrunches his nose at the view, not even daring to touch the bag in front of him. He puts down the containers he had in his hands on the counter with a sigh, eyeing the fridge pensively. He simply doesn't have the space to put the dinner leftovers when there are other things taking place in the fridge.

"What's going on?" he hears Jungwon's voice from the living room.

"Heeseung-hyung put his blood bags in the main fridge. Again."

Jungwon starts to complain from where he is, his tone more teasing than actually accusing, and the eldest comes in the kitchen with an apology on his lips. He looks guilty, probably aware that it isn't exactly comfortable for Sunoo to come across these.

"You know, Jongeseong-hyung bought the mini-fridge for a reason," Sunoo pouts.

"Sorry Sunoo-yah, old habits die hard."

Heeseung ruffles his hair, stealing a smile from the youngest who cannot keep his act up for longer. Still, he motions for the other to take his bags out of the fridge, and Heeseung complies, moving the guilty items to where they should actually be in.

The mini-fridge was one of the latest additions to the dorm, a courtesy of Jay who had had enough of the necessary blood bags taking up so much space in their fridge, especially after the incident of Niki accidentally knocking one out and drenching the floor in blood. Cleaning it had been pretty difficult and annoying, and according to the werewolves, the scent had lingered in the kitchen for days later. Sunoo wouldn't know about it, but he assumed it wasn't exactly an ideal situation to be in for them.

"Yeah, the company should have gotten us another fridge before you made it your habit of storing them in our communal fridge."

"You know, they wanted to keep us humble, they didn't want to give out dorm upgrades just like that."

"Yeah yeah I get it, they don't want us to be spoiled and earn it and all that, but we are asking for accommodation for a reason. They can't just treat us like a regular group."

In all seriousness, he doesn't get why the company refused to get them one from the very beginning. Really, he gets their whole point about being humble and not getting privileges before earning them—really he did. But accommodations weren't privileges, and the company shouldn't treat them like any other group when they weren't one in the first place.

It was the simple truth. While it wasn't uncommon for groups to have vampire, or a couple werewolves, it was unusual to mix them up in the same group. Most people agreed that such a group was bound to fail—because there had been tries before, and they had been unsuccessful.

The general public tended to appreciate vampires, mainly due to their mythic portrayal. They were seen as noble and aristocratic, and even if things started to change ever since they adapted to the human world, it stuck with their names. And so most groups had a vampire within their line-up, just to spice things up and attract fans.