07. red and orange

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be anyone's human sacrifice today, so all three of you get your butts to school," Melissa stated with a deadpan look.

"You're gonna regret saying that when someone starts tying you to a tree and you're gonna be wishing we were there to watch over you." Blaze shrugged at the women as the boys began to leave.

"Charming. Hey, Blaze." Melissa called out before he could leave making him turn to face her, "You hurt my son in any way and you're going to be wishing someone was there to watch over you."

Blaze smiled tightly at her words almost flushing at the mention of him and Scott before he nodded and walked out of the room. He and Scott have yet to talk about everything that has happened at the motel. Too afraid to ruin whatever good thing that going on between them right now. They both silently decided to go with the flow as they were clueless about what was going to happen in the future.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

Scott knows what happiness feels like. He has had crushes, parties, and just overall moments that made his heart swell with joy and made him grateful for the life that was given to him but walking into the school with Blaze knowing the boy felt the same as him was a different form of happiness. A form of happiness that disappeared when he got a call from his boss in his chemistry class.

"Hey, Doc. Sorry, I'm in class right now-- can I call you back later?" He whispered into the phone but loud enough for Deaton to hear him.

"Unfortunately, no... I honestly thought I might never have to burden you like this, but I'm afraid, at the moment, you're my only hope." Scott's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he glanced over at Blaze who looked just as confused as he listened into the conversation.

"I'm going to be taken. I need you to find me." Scott's heart dropped at his words as he sat up slightly, mind racing over a million theories and hopelessly wishing he didn't mean what he thought he might or that he would wake up and it was all just some scary dream.

"Doc. Doc, doc, doc-- what's happening?" The sound of the line dragging out made it clear that the call was disconnected, and Deaton was gone.

Scott didn't hesitate to grab his bag jumped up from his chair and left the classroom leaving everyone confused.

Blaze followed after him, glancing over at Stiles who remained more confused than ever, "Call your dad. It's Deaton." Blaze informed him making Stiles nod and quickly grabbed his phone to tell his dad something was happening.

Scott and Blaze got to the animal clinic, the McCall boy's hands fidgeting the entire way there. The moment Blaze parked the car, Scott jumped out of the car and ran inside the clinic, Blaze following after them.

They paused when they saw the Sheriff and one of his deputies around there and Deaton not around, "How did you know?" Scott asked him.

"Stiles called me as soon as you left the school. I'm sorry." Sheriff Stilinski stated making it clear that Deaton was gone.

Scott gasped in disbelief as he stepped backward, terrified of what might happen to the man he looked up to as a father figure.

"Hey, sit down." Blaze grabbed his hand and forced him to sit on one of the chairs as he sat beside him in the armchair keeping their hands interlocked.

"Your boss' car is still here, and the back door was wide open. Scott... I need you to tell me everything." The Sheriff said as the boys shared a look.