03: Meet

Kai was frantically searching for Naoya and Yuta outside the stadium

Kai was frantically searching for Naoya and Yuta outside the stadium. "Where are they!?" he exclaimed in frustration.

His eyes then caught sight of a boy with blue hair. He sprinted towards him and grabbed his shoulder.

"Naoya! Why can't you guys leave a note so that I at least know-" his words trailed off when he realized it wasn't Naoya.

He quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry! I thought you were my friend!" The boy stared at him, "Kagami-kun?"

Kai's mind raced. Could this be the Uncle Tetsuya that dad always mentioned? Before he could make sense of it all, a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Kai! It's really you!" Kai looked to his side and saw Shinzo. "Get your hand off me," Kai said firmly, making Shinzo choke.

"What do you mean by that!? You should react like this: 'Oh! Shinzo. It's you! This must be fate!' and then I would respond, 'Yeah, this is fate.' You should act like that!" Shinzo insisted.

Kai stared blankly at Shinzo. "Go away. I'm not Yuta." Shinzo pretended to cry. "You're so mean!" Kai ignored him and remembered the guy he mistook for Naoya.

"I'm truly sorry," he said to the guy. The guy shook his head, "Don't worry about it." He say before leave them."Kai!" Suddenly, a tall figure hugged him.

"Kai! Do you know how worried I've been?!" Keita shouted at him. Kai rubbed his neck. "Sorry."

"You better be," Kai then noticed Atsuna who giving him a serious look. Kai nodded nervously. "Also, where are Naoya and Yuta?" Shinzo asked.

"I'm looking for them right now," Kai replied. "Atsuna, can you call Naoya and ask where they are?" Shinzo requested.

"Sure," Atsuna responded. "Wait, we can call others using our phones?" Kai asked as he took out his phone. "You got a new phone already?" Keita inquired.

"Yeah, I bought it the day before we arrived here. I was going to tell you guys, but a lot happened so I didn't get a chance..." Kai explained.

Keita nodded in understanding. "They said they're waiting at the stadium gate," Atsuna reported.

"Since we can call others using our phones, doesn't that mean we can call Koutarou or anyone else in the future?" Kai mused.

"...Why didn't we think of that before?"

─.★..─

Shinzo wave at Naoya and Yuta. "Yuta!" Yuta hugged Shinzo as Shinzo started rumble about how Kai reaction just now when they met. "Is the game starting soon?" Keita asked, to which Naoya shook his head. "No, but it seems like there are already a lot of people here. We might have to stand to watch the game."

Atsuna suggested,"Should we try to find seats? Maybe we'll get lucky." Meanwhile, Keita mischievously pinched Yuta's ear, causing him to wince. "Oi, help me!" Yuta called out, trying to escape Keita's playful grasp.

The group entered the stadium. Kai took a seat between Naoya and Shinzo, with Keita, Yuta, and Atsuna behind them. Yuta asked, "Do you think we'll be able to spot our dads in the crowd?"

Keita remarked, "It'll be a breeze to find my dad and Uncle Shin – they never seem to age. And if it's Uncle Atsushi, just picture Raira with long hair." Shinzo added, "And don't forget Uncle Taiga and Uncle Tetsuya – their kids are practically spitting images of them.

It's the same with my dad too," Shinzo chimed in, "Just look for Aunty Satsuki, and you'll find him nearby. They've been together since childhood."

"Speaking of childhood friend," Kai teased.

"Isn't it like you and Sayuri, Shinzo? Except you're the one looking out for her, not the other way around." Shinzo's expression turned slightly sour.

"She just can't seem to take care of herself. Who dates a guy they barely know?" As his friends exchanged knowing looks.

Atsuna thought, Just tell her how you feel, Shinzo.

It runs in the family. Naoya pondered.

That trait definitely runs in the blood.

As they settled in, the buzz of the audience around them caught their attention. "Seirin, the dark horse of this year!" someone mentioned. "How many points will they score today?" another voice wondered.

"They did say they were popular back in high school, but I didn't think it would be this crazy," Shinzo whispered.

-continue-