02: Stadium

"We in the past?!"

"We in the past?!"

"Slow down your voice Shinzo." Shinzo nervously put a hand on his mouth. "Also, when Keita will wake up? He should have woken up by now, right Atsuna?" Shinzo said in a worried tone.

Atsuna nodded solemnly. Before he could say anything, Keita started coughing. Atsuna hurried to help Keita sit up. "You okay?" he asked.

Keita managed to nod as his coughing subsided. "Where's Yu?" he inquired when he noticed his absence. "And besides him, where are Kai and Nao?" Atsuna shook his head.

"We don't know. When I woke up, it was just the three of us. And it seems like we are in the past," Atsuna explained. Keita stared at him incredulously.

"Atsu, what do you mean by that? Have you lost your mind?" Keita looked at Atsuna and Shinzo's serious faces, realizing they were not joking. "I should have listened to Kou," Keita muttered.

"Now, what do we need to do?" Shinzo asked, breaking the tense silence. Atsuna stood up resolutely. "Let's head to the nearest ATM. I have my card with me. Hopefully, we can withdraw some money from it."

The trio ventured out of the forest, following Keita's lead due to his remarkable memory. As they searched for Yuta just now, Keita's sharp eyes recognized the spot they had landed before

"It's a good thing the path out isn't overgrown with bushes, or we'd end up scratching ourselves," Shinzo commented, grateful for their stroke of luck.

"So, what's the plan now? None of us are familiar with Tokyo. Atsuna, any idea where the ATM is?" Atsuna glanced at Shinzo and Keita before shaking his head.

"I'm not sure." The two sweatdropped at the lack of direction. "I have my phone with me! We can use it to search for the ATM!" Shinzo suggested enthusiastically. "But we're in the past. Do you really think the GPS will work her-"

Shinzo's words were cut short when Keita pointed out the direction to the ATM. Keita smirked, and Atsuna stood there bemused.

"Let's go!"

Their faces lit up at the sight of the money Atsuna withdrew. "It worked," Shinzo muttered in amazement. "Let's find a hotel and search for the others," Atsuna suggested, earning nods of agreement from Shinzo and Keita.

─.★..─

Yuta was sitting in his room, feeling incredibly bored. Naoya, his best buddy, was beside him, equally uninterested in their current situation. "I'm so bored," Yuta complained. Naoya nodded in agreement.

Yuta suddenly had an idea. "Let's go to the stadium. We can watch our parents play basketball. Besides, Kai-chan probably won't be back for another two hours. You know how picky he is when it comes to clothes," Yuta suggested.

Naoya's eyes lit up. "What are we waiting for then? Let's go!" Yuta grinned. "This is why you're my best buddy, Nao-chan," he said, and Naoya smiled back.

As they were about to leave, Yuta suggested, "Should we try the ATM?" Naoya agreed, and they made a quick stop before heading to the stadium.

Meanwhile, Kai returned to the room, calling out happily, "I'm back!" The silence that greeted him made him open his eyes in confusion. "Where did they go?" he wondered out loud.

Ichinose, who happened to pass by, overheard Kai's question. "Kai-kun, you didn't join the other two at the Tokyo Metropolitan Stadium? There's a high school basketball match happening there," Ichinose informed him.

Kai's face lit up with excitement. "Thank you for letting me know, Ichinose-san," he said gratefully before dashing out of the hotel to catch up with Yuta and Naoya.

Ichinose shook his head, amused by the turn of events.

─.★..─

"Can't we just call them?" Shinzo said, munching on a popsicle. I can't believe he's eating a popsicle in the middle of winter. Keita thought.

"Our only hope is probably Naoya's phone," Atsuna said. Shinzo furrowed his brow in confusion. "Why Naoya's phone?"

Keita replied, "You do recall Kai broke his phone, and Yuta likely left his at the bridge." Shinzo nodded in realization.

"Ack!" A boy bumped into Shinzo, who blinked. Thanks to his big body, he didn't even budge an inch. He held out his hand, and the poor boy took it. Shinzo glanced at the boy's uniform. Tōō.

"Sorry!" Shinzo blinked. Huh? "Oh, yeah." Aren't I supposed to be the one saying sorry?  "Sakurai! Are you okay?" A boy who also wore the same uniform walked toward the guy named Sakurai.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Shinzo just nodded. "Are you done there? Can I go now?" It came out ruder than I expected! Shinzo thought while frowning.

Sakurai nodded rapidly. "Yeah!" Shinzo nodded before walking toward Atsuna and Keita. "He seems familiar," Shinzo said, earning nods from Keita.

"The uniform, too. It seems like we've seen it before," Keita added. The trio shook their heads. "So, back to the topic. Should we call Naoya now?" Atsuna said.

Atsuna pulled out his phone and dialed Naoya's number. They waited for a few seconds before the call was picked up.

Naoya
mobile
00:01

''Hello.''

''Is this really you At-chan?!''

''Yuta, yes. This is me.''

''So, we still can call each other. Cool.''

''Where you guys at Nao, Yu?''

''We at the Tokyo Metropolitan Stadium. Watching the match, the game haven't start yet and do you wanna know who'll play. It Uncle Aomine vs Dad team.''

''Really?!''

''Shin-chan!? You also here! And to answer your question, yeah it your dad match with our dad''

''Atsuna, we need to go there too!''

''We'll meet you guys there then.''

''Alright. I will end the call then.''

''Hm''

Call end...

The trio looked at each other. "Let go."

-continue-