{8} New Romantics

Beginne am Anfang

The tactic didn't work, and Nami didn't have the patience to try and continue it. She looked up from the map to give an annoyed glare to Luffy, "What?" She looked completely done with him. It almost made Artemisia laugh. She kept it inside since she had a feeling it was about to get even funnier.

A grin spread across Luffy's face as he held up the most horrendous thing that Artemisia had  ever seen, "It's ready!" What... Even... Was that? It was a freak of nature is what it is. Hurry, someone put it out of its misery. It can't go on looking like that. Seriously, what was he thinking when he made that?

It seemed like Artemisia wasn't the only one who was confused, "And what is that?" Nami asked.

What Luffy held up was something that Artemisia hoped she'd never see again. It was a piece of black fabric with a poorly made skull and crossbones. The skull was wearing a straw hat, similar to the one Luffy always wore. The only way that Artemisia could think to describe it was that it was horrifying to look at. Luffy looked more than happy to tell them about it, "Our Jolly Roger."

Mouth drop. Quite literally. Artemisia's mouth dropped open from shock. She gave a "Are you serious?" look to Luffy, "I pray to God that you're joking." No offense to Luffy, but she was sure a school-age kid could make a better flag than that.

"Nope!" Luffy exclaimed. Oh, hell, no. This was not happening. "Every pirate crew has to have one. And now we do!" They do not have one. Absolutely not. She would not let him fly that flag on her watch. She'll toss it into the ocean and act like she didn't know where it went. It was the perfect plan.

Meanwhile, Nami looked Luffy up and down. She knew he was serious and wasn't happy about it either. She gave him a dead look, "We're not a crew, and you are not hanging that on my boat." Artemisia shot the girl a glance. She thought that they had this conversation already when they were held captive by the circus freaks. At this point, they were a crew. It was time to admit it.

The grin on Luffy's face fell a little. It made Artemisia feel bad until she looked at the flag again. Nothing could excuse making that flag. The door to the cabin opened, and Zoro walked out. Luffy quickly turned to the man, "Zoro! Zoro, check it out." The boy held the flag up for the swordsman to see.

There was a moment of silence. Zoro looked at the flag, narrowing his eyes at it. He then turned his gaze to Luffy. Unlike the girls, he chose to be a bit nicer with his comments, "That's unique," Zoro walked past Luffy, walking straight to the two girls. "Nami, I think the toilet's busted."

Now this was news, "We have a toilet?" Artemisia was confused.

Nami blinked, "We don't have a toilet."

A thoughtful expression made its way onto Zoro's face. Well, as much as it could with his usual emotional face being present as well. Quietly, he said, "Oh," There was a moment of hesitation before he looked at the girl again, "Well, then something back there's leaking." That was not a good sign.

This much was obvious in the way Nami reacted, "What?" She quickly jumped up and ran straight into the cabin. The door closed behind her. The other three on the deck shared a look. They were waiting for the freakout that was bound to happen. Not even a second later, Nami came out of the cabin and did not look happy, "We're taking in water. What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything," Zoro stated.

Looking directly at the swords on Zoro's person, Nami shot out, "The way you're clanging those swords around all the time, you must've broken something."