{6} All Too Well

"𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓶𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘'𝓶 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵

"𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓶𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘'𝓶 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵."

***

Whoever made this contraption was sick in the head. If you're wondering what's happened, let Artemisia catch you up. The performers dragged the three of them into a back room with a bunch of different equipment. Obviously, this was where they kept props and other things for performances. For Nami, they placed her in a cage that floated above the ground and locked her inside so she couldn't get out. They then tied Zoro to a spinning wheel, making it to where he couldn't get out of his binds.

Now, you might be wondering where they put Artemisia. When Buggy said they should put her in a special place, they took that literally. They put her in a contraption that she swore was from hell. The contraption was part guillotine and part one of those magic sawboxes. You know the ones where they pick a person from the audience to saw in half? That one. Except this box didn't have the fake feet that you pushed out to give the illusion that you've been sawed in half. So she was screwed if the saw came crashing down. She knew how screwed she was the moment they brought the lid down (this one had a different lid. One that closed at her side rather than above her.) and put a lock on it.

Usually, these contraptions, specifically ones modeled after a guillotine, would have some rope or lever used to drop the blade. This one didn't have that. Instead, every time Artemisia made any sudden moves, the blade would drop. Clearly, it was faulty. They probably kept it back here since they didn't know what to do with it. Or, hey, maybe they were waiting for this exact moment. To say that she was scared out of her mind would be an understatement.

It was so horrifying that she refrained from speaking loudly or even speaking at all. She just knew that Nami was enjoying her few minutes of peace. Though, Artemisia was also upset with her so she hadn't been speaking to her anyway. A whisper came from Artemisia, "This is not comfortable."

The voice of her source of anger rang out from the cage, "Did you seriously think it would be?" Unlike before, Nami's voice brought more frustration. After the stunt she pulled, Artemisia couldn't help but be angry with the girl. Did Nami have to stick around with them? No. Did she have any obligation to get them out of here? No. Did it still slightly hurt when Artemisia saw the girl leaving them? Yes. Artemisia's thoughts were cut short when she heard Zoro struggling. He had been trying to escape his binds since they put him in them. He's been unsuccessful for the moment. Nami focused on him upon hearing his efforts to break free, "Give it a rest. Those ropes are too strong, even for you."

What wasn't surprising was that Zoro refused to listen. Although Nami told him to stop, he continued like he was hoping for the off chance that she was wrong about this, "I've got out of worse." Artemisia didn't doubt that at all. It was actually something that seemed very on-brand for the pirate hunter. But those circus freaks tied those ropes tight. It was like they had a personal vendetta against him. Well... He did kill pirates for a living.