{8} New Romantics

"𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝔀𝓮'𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓼

"𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝔀𝓮'𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓼. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮."

***

Things were different after the conversation that Nami and Artemisia had. Artemisia saw a new side of Nami, and Nami was more understanding of Artemisia. This changed how the two interacted with each other. The difference was noticed by the two boys on the ship. They noticed that the girls were more open with each other, and even hanging out together with Nami not getting annoyed at Artemisia. Even now, the two girls were acting much closer than the day before.

Both girls were sitting together at the tip of the ship. Nami was sitting on some crates while she looked over the Grand Line map. Artemisia stood by her side, looking over her shoulder to scan the map herself. Luffy was happy to see this change, while Zoro didn't know how to react. It was like they were two different people.

Glasses rested on Nami's nose as she looked over the map. First, she was only trying to find certain landmarks. This changed when some specific caught her eye, "Never seen that before."

"Seen what?" Artemisia inquired. She stared at the map intently, trying to see what Nami was referring to. Everything looked normal to her. Then again, she wasn't exactly good at reading maps. She had gotten herself lost many times when trying to read a map. She's had to ask for directions because she no longer knew where she was. Now, you might be wondering, why are you looking at the map with Nami? The answer is simple. Because she's doing it with Nami.

The orange-haired girl pointed at a specific part of the map, "This-"

"Hey, Nami," Luffy called out.

The girl didn't answer him. She completely ignored him. Artemisia looked at Nami for a moment before glancing over at Luffy. Luffy was looking at the girls. For a split second, Artemisia thought that she just didn't hear him. She lightly tapped the girl's shoulder, making her look at her, "He's calling for you." Artemisia pointed in the direction of Luffy.

There was not even a glance spared for the boy. Nami turned her attention back to the map. She spoke in a hushed tone so the boy wouldn't hear, "Ignore him."

Ah, so this was a "ignore him until he goes away" tactic. These almost never worked. Especially when you're dealing with someone as persistent as Luffy. Artemisia gave Nami a look that said everything she was thinking. Still, Artemisia chose to voice her thoughts out loud, "You know he's gonna keep annoying you, right?"

You will not believe what Nami did. She used the same exact tactic. At least with Artemisia, she used her hand to wave her off instead of flat-out ignoring her like she did with Luffy. Speaking of Luffy, he was crouched down in front of the closed cabin door. He was staring at her with squinted eyes, trying to keep the sun out of them, "Nami!"