Love me till I bleed golden!

Just like every other night in a place far from the evil eye of the world,
He laid with his head on my lap while I stroked his black locks that were a bit smaller than before.
He laid there with no care of the world and for a moment I hoped for this all to remain like this,forever.

But he had to go,therefore he sat up and turned around with a bouquet of tiger lilies in his hands which had asked me to love him forever.
I started back and forth between the lilies and his doe eyes that held the galaxy in them.
It took every ounce of courage within me to not tell him that i have loved him since the day I knew what the word 'love' had meant,that I have loved him for every scar and imperfection that he had and that he'd always be more than a winter and Christmas love to me.
But sometimes things are better unsaid,for you at times can't handle the wrath the world leashes up on you.

He was glowing and with a smile that the world envied he sealed a million unsaid promises with a forehead kiss that made it hard for me to let him go.
Tears welled up in our eyes as he bopped his nose with mine.

"Love me until I bleed golden,"I had asked him with a tiny hope in my barren heart.
In return he has said that he'd love me till all the stars in the Universe burn out,which had managed to make me sob and whimper.
And just like that,he was gone.
In his place were specs of glitter while my hands were covered in the colour,Golden.

It all clicked that he had promised me that he's going to love me forever and love for me has never hurt that much.
They said love is pain but no one ever told me that you do bleed golden in love,that you hurt everyday in love.

Our worlds were different,what United us was a realm that didn't exist for all,and a red string of fate that was playing as always.
Maybe he will always hide me in his melodies and I will always hide him in my stories and poetry,'cuz that's the only substitute we've for the loneliness that has managed to create a home around our hearts.