05. keep your friends close

Start from the beginning

Blaze knew he should've stayed out of it. He was being forced to leave town by this guy and he knew about Derek's plan to try and go after them, but he also knew Scott well enough to know that he wouldn't let that happen. He would try to talk to them because that's just the kind of person he was.

He could have let Derek try and go after them, it would save him from being forced to leave town, but he was smart enough to know the alpha pack was much stronger than all of them combined so he stuck to following Scott and Isaac to the bank.

"We're just gonna talk to him, okay? Try to reason with him. That's it, all right?" Blaze heard Scott tell Isaac.

"You know Scotty, Derek is going to be one angry alpha when he finds out about this," Blaze announced walking over to the pair who seemed surprised by his presence.

"You told him?" Scott accused Isaac who looked offended.

"I thought we were getting food." Isaac defended himself.

"Isaac did tell me about Derek's plan. I just know you well enough to know you'd try talking it out like usual. I tracked your phone." Blaze shrugged as Scott smiled at him.

" I'm actually kind of hungry now." Isaac blurted out.

"So am I." Scott nodded.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

"The two of you-- back in your seats! Jared, again? Carsick? Every ti-- How do you even get on the bus? Look at me! No, don't look at me! Look at the horizon. Keep your eyes- keep your eyes on the horizon. McCall, not you, too?" Coach groaned in annoyance.

"No, Coach, I'm good." Scott winced.

"Hey, Scott, you're bleeding again." Stiles said quietly as Blaze turned around to see the blood soaking through his shirt, "And don't tell me that it's just taking longer to heal, okay? Because I'm pretty sure that "still bleeding" means "not healing," like, at all."

"Their listening..." Scott muttered as Blaze turned to see he was looking at Ethan and Blair

"They can fuck off and go listen to that blind asshole who bosses their ass around." Blaze scoffed, hating the twins with every fiber of his being. It was a shame; Ethan was cool when they were friends and he liked Blair.

"Is he gonna do something?" Stiles asked in concern.

"Not in front of this many people." Scott shook his head weakly.

"Okay, well, what about the two-ticking time bombs sitting right near them?" Stiles nodded at Isaac and Boyd who looked ready to murder them. As did Blaze.

"No, they won't-- not here." Scott denied.

"Okay, well, what if they do? Are you gonna stop 'em?" Stiles asked him.

If I have to." Scott muttered. Blaze ignored the pair; he didn't care what Isaac or Boyd did as it wasn't his problem and Blaze was too tired to even think about helping out. He wanted to take a long nap in his bed.

"Scott? Where are you going?" Stiles asked the boy who got ready to move.

"Boyd-- he's gonna do something," Scott muttered to him.