Chapter 4

Pandora Sora was a woman who stood out from the rest, for very obvious as well. She had done a spectacular job of raising two children even when her husband had passed from hospital neglect and never looked down at any male. She had always given her utmost support to her kids and their friends' dreams and ambitions not caring about gender of their levels of ability; not like she needed to worry anyway. She noticed that those three boys showed abnormal amounts of strength for teens their age and she found it awe inspiring. Venti and Alatus were no longer scared of her and Alatus' mental health had been stabilising well enough even though she knew that he would never heal, only move on.

So this was enough reason for her to think that everything was going to be just fine. But when she saw how late it was getting she started getting worked up. The panic only multiplied when she saw the clock strike 11. 'Eleven and they're still not back...oh god.' She knew that going to the police wasn't an option because they would ignore the case the minute they say the word male. She let out a frustrated sigh and ran her hand through her long messy locks. She had already phoned Izumi and Asako whether they had had heard from their currently missing friends. She heard the way they started worrying over the fact that they weren't back yet considering the last time they were together had been at six o'clock. She was just about to head out and look for them herself when she heard to doorbell ring. When she opened the door, her expression morphed int one of pure shock. There they were, the three boys (that she had almost killed herself in anxiety for), standing there in the middle of the porch.

Except the fact that one of them was covered in blood and currently carrying two new additions that looked like they required medical attention and fast. She finally gave them a deadpanned stare and simply said.
"What the actual fuck did you three do?!"

So here she was, currently in the built-in infirmary of her house, tending to the severe conditions of the two boys on their beds. Its been about three days since they were brought in, and she had been able to garner bits and pieces of information about them. The purple haired one was Scaramouche, though he preferred to be known as Scara, and they had been part of experimental program, or rather, resident lab rats. They had been injected with several serums, things that under prolonged usage, would permanently dull nerve endings, meaning their pain tolerance as well as healing speed was above the average human. Whether this was a good or bad thing was completely out of her understanding. From a few examinations alone, Pandora was able to say that the white haired one, Kazuha, had it far worse in that place. Evidence to support this would be multiple half healed scars in the form of lacerations present on his pale skin, especially across his back.

"Mom, is it okay if we took Kazuha and Scara with us? We wanna go explore!" Looking past her son, she noticed that Venti and Alatus were already in their outdoor wear, and the bags in Alatus' hand most likely contained clothes for the others. Lumine was currently visiting Asako and Izumi, meaning they were more or less ready to go. She sighed and spoke to her hyperactive son. "You need to confirm with them both if they want to go, and make sure you protect each other because they're still recovering." Aether nodded haphazardly as he dashed to the second floor, bags in hand, where their guests currently stayed.

Aether had been the one to suggest they go out today, because he thought a little time in the open would help the two boys heal, and feel, better. He steadily knocked on the oak wood door, and only walked in after a muffled 'come in' was heard. The room had been styled rather simply, thanks to Kazuha's gentle rejection of her making it more lavish. There were two separate beds on either side of the room, with a door to the bathroom on the far left hand side. A window with a sill large enough to sit on contained the figure of a white haired male, currently looking out the window. His purple haired counter part was sat on the edge of the right bed, engrossed in what Aether recognized as a book, Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell. The two acknowledged his presence when the bags where handed to them, staring at Aether for his explanation.