"I know, I'm sorry" she says, letting go of it. "But they are gonna win!"

"Shh, don't jinx it!"

"Sorry, sorry. I hoped that after dating Mason for six years I would be used to this, but..."

"You will never get used to this. Especially when they are playing the World Cup final and winning."

Because they are doing it. In less than two minutes, we'll hear the referee's whistle and England will have won their second World Cup. And who will be the one lifting the trophy? Declan. Just thinking about it makes me feel goosebumps everywhere.

"These are the longest two minutes of my life!" Sophie says next to me, everyone around us screaming after one of our players is tackled.

"Why isn't he ending this already?" Roberta asks, covering her face with her hands.

"Thirty seconds..." I say, grabbing Sophie's hand.

"Fucking end this!" someone shouts behind us.

And then... The whistle.

"Eleanor!" Roberta screams, jumping to hug me. "Oh my God, they did it!"

"They did it!" I scream back, hugging her and starting to cry.

"They fucking did it!" Sophie says, joining our hug.

I'm pretty sure we have a camera recording us, that someone has been keeping an eye on us the whole game and now they are seeing us cry and laugh all at the same time, definitely looking a bit crazy. But neither of us care. England just won the World Cup, and in my case and Roberta's, the men we love are World Cup champions.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Eleanor!"

"Hi! Congratulations!" I say, hugging Bukayo.

"Thank you!" he smiles. "And thank you for saying I would score today. I think you manifested it."

"You are very welcome" I laugh.

"B, congratulations!" Roberta says, also hugging him.

"Thank you, thank you."

"Have you seen Mason and Declan? We can't find them anywhere."

"They actually were looking for you on the stands, but then saw some friends and stopped to chat with them" he says, pointing behind him.

"Would you mind going to tell them that we are waiting for them here?"

"Of course not. Wait a minute" he smiles.

"Thank you, B. You are an angel" I say.

"Mase!" Roberta screams when they finally show up, throwing herself at him and almost making him fall.

"David..." I say when I see Declan.

"Ok, fine. Go" he sighs.

"Thank you!" I say, kissing his cheek and walking towards Declan. He is looking at Mason and Roberta kissing, he and Bukayo making fun of them. "Hey, captain Rice" I call.

"Your Royal Highness" he says while doing a big bow, a playful smile on his lips.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you very much, ma'am."

While we smile at each other like idiots, a buch of photographers have gathered around us, ready to get the photo.

"Should we give them what they are waiting for?" I ask.

"Are you sure?"

"Very sure."

"Then come here" Declan says, putting one hand behind my neck and the other on my back, moving me until we are kissing like in that famous photo of the sailor and the girl on Times Square, people cheering all around us.

"That's gonna be on so many covers tomorrow" I chuckle when I'm standing up again, my arms around Declan's neck. "A bunch of history books too."

"I know. That's why I did it" he says, brushing his lips against mine before kissing me again, more cameras flashing around us.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Wait, we are missing something."

"Are we?"

"Yes, wait here."

"Declan, where are you going?" I complain.

"You'll like it, you'll see" he smiles.

"I was already liking what you were doing."

"This will make it even better" he says, showing me his medal.

"What... What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing weird, don't worry" he chuckles. "I just want to fuck my girlfriend while she wears my world champion medal."

"Oh, ok."

"Come here" he says, stopping at the end of the bed and asking me to join him.

"Now what?"

"Now this" he says, putting the medal around my neck. "How does it feel?"

"Cold."

"But it fits so nicely between your boobs."

"It does, doesn't it?" I say with a mischievous smile.

"Wish I had the Polaroid camera here with me. This deserves to be remembered."

"We can repeat it back home. It won't be the same, but..."

"Yeah..." he says, his eyes fixed on my chest.

"So, Declan Rice, England's captain and World Cup winner. Are you gonna fuck me or not?"

"Oh, I am, your Royal Highness. I definitely am" he says with that smile of his that is able to set my body on fire, making me giggle like an idiot while he pushes me down on the bed.

"I love you, Declan" I whisper.

"I love you too, Eleanor" he whispers back before kissing me.