Chapter Fifty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Merry Christmas, guys," Harry says.

"Merry Christmas, Harry," Hermione returns, resting her head against his shoulder.

"Merry Christmas," I voice, wrapping my arm around his waist as he imitates me.

Closing my eyes for a moment, I snap them open when the only thing I see is my loved ones dead, staring at me lifelessly as I scream their names.

"Guys, there's someone watching us. By the church," she half-whispers, my eyes following along to see an old woman, face full of wrinkles and back hunched as her eyes linger on us. She prods off, my head twisting back to my two friends.

"I think I know who that is," Harry voices, my head shifting to that old woman again.

"I don't like this, Harry," Hermione tries.

"Hermione, she knew Dumbledore. She might have the sword," Harry goes on, dragging the two of us along with him.

Harry's feet pause themselves in front of a small but beautiful house with a broken gate a yard or two from the door, overgrown weeds and green stuff covering every inch of the place.

"This is where they died." My eyes linger on Harry as his stay firmly on the house. "This is where he murdered them."

I turn around to the sound of breathing, the old woman standing just a step from Harry, her eyes a humanless void glaring at the boy, who's about one three or four inches taller than her.

As she takes a few steps away, Harry's feet follow after her, Hermione and I quickly chasing after the two with worried looks on our faces.

We stop inside an old house with the wallpaper scratched off and almost everything in sight being completely wrecked, or almost.

The woman lifts a match stick and attempts to bring it to light, but her shaky hands don't allow her to.

"Here, let me do that." Harry takes the match from her wrinkled hands and strikes it against the course strip along the side of the box, bringing it to a candle.

And let there be light!

As a long silence ensues, I take a step towards the woman and attempt to penetrate her mind, nothing but a black void filling my head.

"Miss Bagshot, who is this man?" Harry interrogates, lifting up an old and battered photo inside an equally battered picture frame.

Miss Bagshot clutches the candle tightly, twisting towards a flight of stairs before walking up them.

"Harry," Hermione calls as he follows her.

My eyes turn to Hermione, a small sigh leaving me as I take her hand and pull her gently towards me.

"I really don't like this. I tried looking into her mind but it was blank. That hasn't happened before."

"Let's take a look around," Hermione poses, my head nodding along before my feet drag me towards a rickety bookshelf.

Examining a few issues of Wizarding books and newspapers, a creak pulls my attention to Hermione, who's now stood in front of an open door. I take a place beside her, both of our eyes scaling the walls of the tiny, square room, a thick, crimson liquid seeping from the ceiling.

"Harry!" Hermione and I scream, both twisting as fast as we can. We tumble forwards on each other and some books before helping each other up and hastily making our way up the stairs.

Quickly transforming into my Animagus form, I launch at a great snake laying in front of Harry, biting at it just below its head. A loud hiss bounces off the walls before it whips its tail against my back, pushing me off.

Hermione shoots a few spells at it before I launch again, taking out my claws and swiping at the over-sized worm.

"Chaos!"

I smack the snake's face with a claw before running to the other two and apparating away with them, Hermione leading.

We land at a river.

Transforming back into my human form, I fall onto my knees and and place a hand on my back, pain spreading across me every time I move.

"What happened?"

"That fucking snake happened! It hurts, man." Hermione helps me up and lifts my shirt up, sucking her teeth as she runs a finger along my back.

"Ooh- what is it?!"

"Godric, Chaos!" Harry starts, my head turning to face the two as best as I can.

"What?"

"You have a large red mark across your back." Hermione finally answers, a small grunt leaving me as my shirt drops.

"Fuck!"