Chapter Forty-One

-Training in the Come and Go room-

"Expelliarmus," Neville casts, his wand shooting backwards instead of the spell hitting the training dummy in front of him. "I'm hopeless."
I shouldn't have come to Hogwarts. I'm probably a squib.

"You're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this. Expelliarmus," Harry demonstrates.

-D.A.D.A Class-

"You will please copy the approved text four times to ensure maximum retention. There will be no need to talk," Umbridge orders, walking around the room.
I hate kids. I'm only doing this stupid job for Cornelius.

"No need to think's more like it," Hermione mutters, Umbridge passing her.
This woman is deranged. I have never wished ill on anyone but her.

"Expelliarmus," Neville's voice utters.

"Wands away."

-Training in the Come and Go room-

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's a wizard's bread and butter, really. So come on then, Nigel. Give it your best shot," Harry tries, Nigel standing about eight feet from Harry.
Please don't hurt. Please don't hurt.

"Stupefy!" Nigel casts, both boys shooting back onto the floor.

"Good. Not bad at all, Nigel. Well done," Harry congratulates, standing.

Hermione and Ron get ready to duel, and Ron suddenly walks over to Hermione, his head a little low.

"Don't worry. I'll go easy on you."

"Thanks, Ronald," Hermione sarcastically states before standing opposite him.

"Come on, Ron. Come on, Ron," the male students cheer.

"You can do it."

"Come on, Ron."

"One Sickle," Freddie bets.

"You're on," Georgie calls, my eyes quickly falling to Hermione.

Both students wait for the other to start, and Ron lifts his wand, opening his mouth.

"Stupefy," Hermione quickly calls, shooting the ginger backwards.

"Thank you," Georgie says, Freddie handing him the money.

"Shut up."
You couldn't be any louder? My girlfriend just saw that.

"I let her do that. It's good manners, isn't it? It was completely intentional," Ron defends as all the girls surround Hermione, congratulating her on her skills.

-A Few D.A Lessons Later-

"Now, focus on a fixed point and try again," I hear Harry say.

"Expelliarmus," someone casts.

"Very good. Keep your concentration. Great. A little higher."

I look over as Cho and Harry are staring at each other, Nigel falling to the floor.

"I'm okay. I'm okay."

"Working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more: believing in yourself."

"Expelliarmus."

"Levicorpus. Got it."

"Diffindo," I cast, slicing the dummy into several pieces.

"Think of it this way. Every great wizard in history has started out... as nothing more than what we are now: students. If they can do it, why not us?" Harry encourages.