chapter thirteen: white roses

Start from the beginning

"Fuck," he murmured to himself, he still has to talk to Natalia today. He wants to be 100% sure that it's his child. Because before that, he can't even sleep in peace.

To get his mind off her, he decided to get up and go over to the coffee machine. But when the coffee poured into his cup, Natalia suddenly appeared next to him.

"I thought you were sleeping?" he asked, a little startled.

"No, I can't sleep on planes" she replied with a small smirk.

"I can't either" he said and Natalia nodded as she stared at the coffee machine.

"Is there tea?"

"Yeah, would you like some?"

"Yes please" She mumbled back and watched him while he took another cup. He opened the teabag and put it in the cup. While both waited quietly for the drinks, he finally decided to address it.

"I don't mean to be disrespectful, but could I—?" he asked, stopping himself mid-sentence. He didn't know how to ask, but Natalia noticed how his hand was slightly raised and pointed to her stomach.

"Yes" she said.

A little nervous, he carefully put his hand on her stomach. A small smile appeared on his face and he gently stroked her stomach with his thumb.

At the same time, Natalia stared at his face. Why is he so happy? Stroking someone else's baby bump doesn't make you that happy, right? Except, shit..

"Y-You know?" she stammered nervously and held onto the table with her hand.

"Yeah, I figured it out. Is it true? Is it mine?"

She just nodded and stared at the floor, not daring to look him in the eye. Natalia assumed that he would get angry because she kept it from him.

But Javier remained calm. He put his hand over his eyes and took a deep breath for a few seconds.

"Thank you" he then whispered and did something that Natalia never expected. He pulled her to him and hugged her.

But she just stood there in shock, she was overwhelmed, and worried about the fact that her heart was beating faster while he had his arms around her.

"I want you to move in with me, okay? My house isn't far from the hotel in Dallas. You can live with me, you don't have to work anymore"

Overwhelmed, she freed herself from his grip. "I can't," she whispered.

"What do you mean you can't?" he asked back confused.

"I can't move in with you. I don't want to"

"Please don't exclude me from your pregnancy or parenting, Natalia. It's my child too. I never would've thought that this would be possible, so don't take her away from me"

She blinked a few times. Her? He thinks it's a girl? Natalia also always thought it was a girl, but she didn't know the gender yet.

"I won't. Don't worry. We can raise our child together. But I can't live with you like we're a real couple, because we're not. We don't love each other. And I have to call you Sir, you treat me like a fucking dog and you probably sleep with all the maids in your hotel. Who knows how many you got pregnant?" she whispered back and felt how her heart hurt with her saying this. But she wouldn't give in and she didn't want to fall for his stupid womanizer personality.

Javier looked at her hurt and disappointed, but then nodded. He knew it was his own fault. And he knew he had to apologize and regain her trust.

They didn't say a word to each other for the rest of the flight. And when they arrived at the hotel, Connie immediately took her to her room.

When Natalia closed the door behind her, her eyes started to get teary. She locked the door and went to the bed.

And when she saw white roses lying on the bed, she began to cry harder. Natalia carefully picked up the bouquet and then noticed the small note next to it.

'I'm so sorry. Please call me Javier'

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

I don't like this chapter, idk why but it was sooo hard to write.
It feels too dialogue-heavy and too rushed.
but I hope you still like it :)
(please keep in mind that my first language isn't english)

and please don't be mad at Natalia,
she just wants him crawling back to her