I looked around, turning in circles looking like a complete idiot. It took me a moment to grasp that I was lost. Can it get any better? My life is seriously like a roller coaster, one minute it’s disastrous, then blissful and then back to being horrid. I don’t know what to do anymore. The only thing stopping me from breaking down and crying my eyes out is because I don’t want to waste anymore of my tears for I feel like I would go dry. I sighed. How could he say those things about me, I thought we had a connection or flare or maybe even a spark. I guess not.

I picked a random direction and started walking. It sucks that Christian’s house is surrounded by only woods.

It felt like I’d been walking for hours, even though I know it’s only been for a couple of minutes. The woods are a scary place; it’s so frightening and quiet, and to make matters worse it’s getting dark. I’m surprised I haven’t seen any wildlife yet.

“Sss …” speak of the devil. My second godly fear is of snakes. I turned around expecting some small ground snake, but instead I found a huge python, it looked ready to spring. I screamed. A flock of birds started flapping there wings and flying away, startled and surprised. They started to fly around in alarm; I took this as my chance to run. I didn’t care what direction I was running in, my mind was in overdrive. Every step I took I felt like the snake was gaining on me. I know a snake cant possibly slither that fast, but I was in scared mode.

I was so focused on running that I didn’t realize the huge wall that was about to knock me flat on my ass. I was about two feet away when something incredible happened. I brought my feet up and made contact with the wall. So now I was running up the wall and when I was half way up I did a back flip and ended back on my two feet. Shocked, I looked at myself then at the wall then back to myself again.

How the hell did I do that? It was amazing. I started walking along the sides of the wall. That was so mind blowing; it was like my body new exactly what to do when faced with danger. I was so lost in my thoughts that I was oblivious to someone calling me. I blinked trying to refocus my attention to this person.

I found a man dressed in all black. He was strikingly handsome.

“Miss who are you and what are you doing out here?” he asked.

“Oh I’m sorry I got lost. I don’t know where I am-”

“Miss you are trespassing on royal property. I’m going to have to take you in for evaluation.” Evaluation? What the hell is that?

“Uhm … okay, but I have my ID with me” I reached into my pockets to pull out my school ID. I knew we were in the vampire world, but if I showed them this and told them my story, everything would be alright. Right? But before I knew it the man was on me.

“Miss I do not appreciate you withdrawing weapons. You’ve made a grave mistake.”

“But I wasn’t-” I felt something tingly on the back of my neck and before I knew it the world went black.

***

I awoke to an increasing pain in my cheek. I opened my eyes and was confronted by a man slapping the be-Jesus out of me.

“Good your awake, lots of questions for you.” Questions? He looked back at his partner and said “Let’s get this done before his majesty comes.”

The man looked back at me and said “Do you work for Fidatov?”

“Who? I don’t know who that is.” He turned to his partner and said “Jack she’s playing dumb. Maybe you should try out one of your powers. Maybe then she’ll talk. I mean seriously they send a girl and a simpleminded one at that.” He sighed.

“When will they ever learn?”

The man named Jack hopped off his stool and slowly approached me. Oh god, they’re going to kill me. I’m going to die! He raised his hand and placed it a few inches away from my face. His hand started to glow and I swear I could feel the heat radiating from it. Before his hand could contact my face he said “I usually don’t ask names, but since you’re the only girl that’s ever been in here, I’ll be a gentleman and ask.” What is it with vamps and there so called gentleman ways.

“Ha! Some gentleman, you didn’t even hear my side of the story.” I yelled.

“Now now don’t yell.  Forget I even asked-”

“Fine fine … my name is Rose McHale.” His eyes widened a little.

“Wait …Are you Jace’s Rose-” The door burst open.

“So where’s the prisoner …” Jace stopped talking, and looked from me to the man, to Jack then back to me. He made a fist and it looked like he was bleeding from all the pressure he was putting on it.

He took a step forward, and then another and by then he was at full speed. He punched Jack straight through the wall and the other guy Jace just stared at him and said “I want you to run around the whole god damn forest barefoot for two weeks straight, and if you dare stop before I tell you, you’ll be doing it forever.” The man’s eyes widened a little and he replied “Yes Sir” and was off. I think I understand Jace’s talent now. He can make a human or vampire do anything he asks just by looking in their eyes. I was so caught up in watching Jace command the guy that I didn’t realize him pick me up. He was carrying me in his arms and running down the hallway. He carried me into his room. Which I must say is much more luxurious than his other room in the mansion.

He rested me on the bed and then knelt down beside me.

“Rose are you alright. I swear I’ll kill them for harming you.” He started to caress my face.

“Please look at me Rose” He pleaded. I hadn’t even realized that he was speaking to me because my eyes were still glued to the direction of where we just came from.

I felt befuddled, and slap-happy and I couldn’t figure out why.

“Rose please look at me” Jace put his head in my lap.  I looked down and started to run my hands through his hair.

“It’s alright, I’m fine.” I don’t know why I’m so calm. I should be angry at those guys, but I’m not. Weird.

I started to rise, but he pushed me back down.

“No, just … just stay here, with me.”

He kind of sounded like me, well my old self. I looked down at Jace, and realized how much he cared for me, how much he truly loves me. Christian never cared for me; he was only using me to get back at Jace. I suddenly looked back up because my insides were burning with guilt. I kissed his brother. Jace would be devastated if he knew. I felt a tear escape my eyes.

The whole night we stayed in that position. He seemed to have fallen asleep, but I was awake, soaking in my transgression.