Part 22 : Brothers

Start from the beginning

Aniket so wanted to whine but that would just prove his brother's point so he remained quiet. Arnav fed him rest of the dinner and got up. Aniket made him sit back by holding his wrist and leaned into his embrace.

Arnav put the plate aside and made room for himself, letting Aniket sleep in a comfortable position. Aniket smiled and closed his eyes.

"Bhaiya?"

"Hm?"

"Aap bhi kha lo jake."

Aniket mumbled sleepily. He had texted Arnav earlier in the evening that he would come home by night. He knew his brother must have been waiting for him. He always did.

Arnav tapped his forehead lightly and Aniket was alseep in hardly few minutes. Arnav looked at his younger brother. He smiled fondly thinking it was the same person who was complaining about being treated as a kid just few minutes back and was now sleeping like a baby holding onto him. Aniket was always like that. He never had to demand for attention, he always made sure to have his share of love through these moments. Arnav ran an indulgent hand through Aniket's hair as he pressed a kiss on his forehead, shifting his head to the pillow and pulled over the comforter before leaving.

"Bhaiyu!!"

Ayaansh and Aryan came to Aniket's room and scoffed finding him asleep. Ayaansh had told Aryan about the musical fest and they both came to talk to Aniket about the same. Aryan frowned. Here his Bhaiyu was sleeping peacefully after making them wait for him for so long.

Aryan looked at Ayaansh who immediately shook his head. He had become well aware of his brother's mischiefs. "Chal yahan se."

"Kya yaar, Bhai!" Aryan whined.

"Subah subah maar khana hai tujhe?"

"Kuch nhi hoga, Bhai, chill." Aryan's eyes glinted with mischief.

"Aru, nahi..."

Before Ayaansh could do anything, Aryan filled up a glass of water and was about to splash it on Aniket's face when someone caught his hands just in time. Aryan assumed it was Ayaansh and looked up with a glare but his eyes widened as he saw Ashi glaring at him.

Ayaansh palmed his face. Aryan was a gone case now.

"Bhabhi.." Aryan gulped.

Ashi dragged him out of the room. Ayaansh ran behind.

"Kya kar rha tha?" Ashi left his hand as soon as they were out of hearing distance.

"Kuch nhi, Bhabhi..." Ayaansh trailed off when Ashi shifted his attention to him.

"Aryan!"

"Bhaiyu se baat karni thi toh utha rha tha." Aryan pulled off the most innocent face he could.

"By splashing water on him?"

"Bhai ko Bhaiyu se zaroori kaam tha, Bhabhi. Sachii, puchho aap Bhai se hi?"

Ashi caught his ears and gave it a twist. "Ouch..Bhabhiiii"

"Kya keh raha tha bol?"

"Ahh.. sorry, Bhabhi.."

"Shararat khatm nhi hoti na teri?"

Aryan bit his cheeks from inside and his eyes filled up instantly. "Lag rhi hai, Bhabhi.."

Ashi left the ear immediately. Her anger was replaced by only concern. "Jyada jor se lag gyi, bachcha? I'm sorry..."

Aryan had to bite his lips again to not laugh out. Even after being versed with his every tricks over the years, his Bhabhi melted faster than ice seeing his tears. That had saved him over thousand times now. It was one weapon he wouldn't give up on for his life.