Chapter 3

Please leave a review guys. It motivates me to write chapters faster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey!" A blurry voice shouted. Blue eyes snapped open in shock as Armin Arlert looked around wildly.

"Hey Armin you okay?" The voice said in concern, as his brain slowly came out of shock, the face of his bald friend Connie Springer became clear.

"Hey!" Connie said in concern "What's wrong, Armin? You okay?"

"I....." Armin stuttered his hand shaking.

"What happened? Where's the rest of your Squad?" Connie spoke looking around "Where's Eren? Thomas?"

"Squad?" Armin repeated eyes wide and unseeing. Visions of his friends dying one by one flashed through his mind causing him to close his eyes. He fell on his knees and began sobbing.

"Oh, man, pull yourself together. Why are you all by yourself?" Connie looked worried as he tried to shake the worried boy out of his stupor. He pulled his hand back when he felt it was wet "Why are you all wet and slimy?"

Armin didn't said anything, instead continued to sob in despair "I am so useless!!" He cried out in grief, as he clutched his head.

"Calm down" Connie tried to calm his friend however the words of his squad member froze him.

"Give it a rest, Connie. Don't you understand?They've been wiped out. All but him." The words belonged to a beautiful slender young woman with short, shaggy black hair parted down the middle and was kept in a low ponytail with a white tie. She had deeply intimidating gray eyes which accented her cold beauty.

Connie's heart stuttered at the thought of Eren dying. No! This can't be true! Gritting his teeth he shouted in anger "Shut up Ymir! Armin hasn't said anything yet!"

Ymir looked over her shoulder, her eyes cold. "Just look around. It's obvious" She pointed towards the Town's Square "We don't have any more time to waste on him. The Vanguard is in full retreat"

"Shut up you....." Connie began but was interrupted

"Stop it, you two!" A cute blonde girl with pretty blue eyes ran between them, arms out. "We're all shaken up here. All our friends are suddenly dying left and right. It's natural we're upset."

Ymir grinned at her short friend and threw an arm around her. "That's my Krista! Marry me when this is over!" She laughed loudly causing the pretty blonde to blush in embarrassment.

"What an idiot!" Connie muttered before looking at Armin who was still kneeling "Anyway, we can't stay here. Can you stand, Armin?"

"I'm sorry for the trouble." Armin wiped his tears and slowly stood up "I'll rendezvous with the rearguard."

"But you are in no condition to fight" Connie protested, worried for his friend. But before Armin can retort a voice shouted from behind.

"Armin!!"

They all turned around to notice two figures landing on the roof. Armin's eyes widened in shock.

"Mina?!" Armin eyes had widened in shock as he trembled "How? I saw...I saw....a Titan had grabbed you"

"It had" Mina nodded with a shaky grin, still not believing she was alive "But Ash here saved me"