"Dhruv...that was almost four years ago...." I said.

"Yes. I guess."

"You were listening?"

"I was just passing by and heard both of you talking. That's it."

But he remembers....

"Aacha, chalo enough talking. Let's go eat something and then we'll buy some essentials and groceries and bring our stuff from the hotel."
He said.

"Hm..okay and what about mom, dad?."

"Um. What about them?" He asked.

"They'll live with us na until they go back. What about their stuff?"

"They'll not live with us."

"Why!?"

"Because they have their room booked at the hotel for the next few days until their flight. I asked them to. But they refused." He explained.

"Are you sure,  that's fine? "

I don't know.... They should come here. 

He nodded. 

"Ok....that's fine then, let's go."

We went to a nice restaurant and ordered our food.
While we were waiting for our order, Dhruv was busy on his phone talking to the owner of the apartment, I suppose, and finalizing the deal.

"Dhruv, what is you salary?" I asked when he kept his phone down.

He smiled at me. 

"Hm...how much should it be?" He asked keeping his chin on his palm.

"I don't know. I just know it should be a lot. Corporate lawyers earn a lot."

"Yes, they do."

"So..how much?"

Why doesn't he ever answer me normally? 

It's kinda annoying,  yet cute.....

"In rupees if we see.....I earn about eight lakhs per month."

"Eight lakhs!? But you just started last year right?"

"Yes. What can we say? I'm just that brilliant."

"You sure do praise yourself alot." I rolled my eyes.

"If It's true, why not say it. And why do you think I got the offer of being the head of the legal department here?"

"Um... because you are..Indian...."

"A bit. Yea. But they did it because I am competent.," He leaned forward towards me and said in a smooth, low voice."And....I have exceptional communication skills."

Oh....that he does! And he's aware of it.

Before I could say anything our food came and we ate in a comfortable silence.

After lunch, we went to take our stuff and check out of the hotel that we were staying in.

Then we got some groceries and returned home to our apartment.

Our home.

The place where I feel like myself. I always wanted a place like this.

As Raman uncle and Kirti aunty got pretty late from their shopping, we couldn't meet for dinner and decided that we'll have breakfast together.

The next morning, uncle and aunty came with breakfast and congratulated us for the apartment.

They were so happy. They told us all about what they did yesterday and how much fun they had spending so much time together after so long.

After breakfast we all were just chilling and talking in the living room when Dhruv said,

"Mom, dad and I have to go and make preperations for the reception for tomorrow. Can you stay with Alia for today?"

"Of course, beta. You both go and do some work."

"Hm...thank you."

"No need to thank me. She is my daughter. And I was planning to be with her today anyways. Then I don't know when I'll get time next." She said looking at me and I smiled at her. 

"Okay. You mother-daughter have a nice day. And we'll get some work done." Raman uncle said.

They left and Kirti aunty sat next to me and held my hands.

"Alia, we have our whole day to ourselves and we have to enjoy it. I know you love baking, you used to watch me all the time when you were younger and we used to bake together, remember? We can do that, it will be fun! Then we can watch a movie and order takeout, you can tell me all the gossip you have!....What do you want to do first?"

Here's another chapter!

Hope you liked it and if you did then please vote 🙏

Do comment to let me know your thoughts! ✨
Thank you for reading ❤️