𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐

Comenzar desde el principio

I wonder why he didn't elaborate.

The carriage ride through the bustling streets of Rome is silent, and I stare out the window instead of socializing. The city is packed with tourists from all over the world, and I can't help but feel a pang of jealousy as I watch them roam freely. They seem so happy—so carefree, with no worries about who's watching them or what they have to do next.

I let out a deep sigh and lean my head against the window, trying to calm my racing thoughts. But the sound of Marco's laughter from across the carriage grates on my nerves, reminding me of how much I don't want to be here.

Just as I'm about to close my eyes and try to nap, the carriage pulls up to a large, ornate building with a huge golden sign out front that reads: Musei Vaticani. I realize exactly where we are—a museum famous for its historical teachings, specifically about the royal family.

Taking a deep breath, I step out of the carriage, my hand gripping Alex's arm subtly. The two of us follow my parents and Marco inside the museum, the grand marble floors echoing with our movements.

As we wander through the exhibits, Prince Marco's steps are loud and authoritative, and it's almost as if he's purposefully trying to draw attention to himself. I try to ignore him, though, and focus on the artifacts in front of me.

The displays are filled with ancient artifacts from the Italian Renaissance, some dating back to the 15th century. There are paintings, sculptures, and even a section dedicated to the royal family's history. I've seen this museum many times, but I've never gotten tired of it.

Alex seems to share my fascination, and we spend some time examining the details of each painting and sculpture. Marco, on the other hand, seems bored. He's constantly fidgeting and looking around, as if he's itching to leave.

Idiot.

I'm so focused on the artwork surrounding me that I don't realize that my parents and Marco have moved on to the next exhibit. Alex, however, seems to notice, and he leans in closer to me.

"Come," the bodyguard whispers quietly, his hand pressing against the small of my back before he moves away and leads me to a secluded area.

We're now hidden in the back of the exhibit, and Alex pushes me gently against the wall before placing his hands gently on my waist. I can feel the heat of him in every part of my body, and it makes my heart pound with desire.

"Alex?" I murmur nervously, unsure of what to expect from him.

I bite my lip, wondering if he's going to kiss me or do something else that'll surprise me. His presence right now is soft and soothing, and I recognize the look in his eyes all too well. He's asking for my consent without saying it out loud.

After I give a silent nod of approval, his lips begin to travel down my neck slowly. It sends a shiver down my spine, and I lean my head back against the wall. His hand travels lower, slowly going up my thigh as he presses his body against me.

I look up at him with half-lidded eyes, and my entire body is trembling. I'm not sure how to control myself with him, but at the same time, I don't want to stop him. His soft lips are moving against my skin like a gentle caress, and I can't believe this is happening here of all places.

His fingers trace my entire thigh before coming to a stop at my hip. I can feel my pulse beating wildly in my veins and my breathing becoming heavier with each passing moment. "I need you," he groans against my skin, his lingering on every inch of my body.

My breath catches in my throat as I arch my back slightly, feeling his hands all over me. He leans in close, our faces so close that his nose touches mine, but he doesn't go in for a kiss yet. Instead, he keeps gently rubbing his hand along my hips and upper thighs, teasing me.