Kiss Me Better | Jeno Imagine #7

Title: Kiss Me Better

Genre: Angst, slight fluff

Warnings: mentions of anxiety

Word Count: 661

Author's Note: This was just something I wrote today between classes. While writing, I realized that I've written so many stories like this for other members. It's sort of become a habit for me I guess. I'm sorry if they bore you lol.

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ

Jeno emerged from the steamy bathroom, clad in a comfortable black shirt and a fresh pair of sweatpants. He gripped the towel firmly in his hands, vigorously drying his damp hair. Silently, he shuffled into the bedroom with the intent to retire for the night. After a long day of schedules, all he could think about was collapsing onto the bed and enveloping you in his arms. He always slept better when you were with him.

However, a faint frown crept across his face when he entered the dark room to discover the bed was empty. With a heavy sigh, he draped the towel around his neck and padded down the hallway to search for you. If you weren't in bed at this hour, Jeno knew it meant that anxiety was keeping you awake. Though he wasn't surprised, his mind still raced with concern at the thought of you not being able to rest.

As he crossed into the living room, he found you curled up on the end of the sofa. The television screen casts a soft glow on your face, allowing him to see the fatigue in your eyes. Clearly caught up in a whirlwind of thoughts, a yawn escaped as you hopelessly scrolled through movies to watch on Netflix. Though nothing particularly appealed to you, the action of clicking the remote was a distraction within itself.

Jeno approached you with a gentle smile, leaning down to press a sweet kiss to your forehead. "Hey," he murmured, "Why aren't you in bed yet, sleepyhead?"

You blinked up at him, finding solace in his presence, even though you lacked the energy to return a smile.

"I just couldn't fall asleep," you mumbled as if it were an ordinary occurrence.

Sighing again, Jeno took the remote from your hand and turned the TV off. Wordlessly, he scooped you up from the couch and cradled you in his strong arms.

"Jeno—" you began to protest, but he hushed you with a tender kiss.

The next thing you were aware of was being carried back into the bedroom. You didn't say anything as he gently laid you down in your cozy bed, and pulled the soft white covers up to your chin. Soon enough, he was crawling into bed beside you and wrapping his arms securely around your waist.

The warmth of his embrace was overwhelming, and you wearily rested your head against his chest. You released a slow exhale, trying to shake off any troubling thoughts that had been plaguing your mind. Instead, you tried to focus on Jeno's comforting presence.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, your eyes brimming with tears.

Though the darkness concealed his expression, you felt the reassuring grip of Jeno's hand in yours. Leaning down, he planted a gentle kiss on your forehead, followed by another on your nose, and finally met your lips with his own.

"Don't apologize," he hummed, hugging you even tighter. "Just let me be here for you."

You closed your eyes, a few stray tears escaping, but Jeno wiped them away without a second thought. Being held in his arms and feeling his lips brush against your skin silenced the noise in your head. Throughout the night, Jeno continued to shower you with kisses, not as an escape from your haunting worries, but as a reminder that he was there, his love serving as a refuge from the storms in your mind.

They shared whispered promises and sweet nothings until exhaustion overcame them, falling asleep together, wrapped in each other's arms, united in the knowledge that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them as one.

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ