|𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲- 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐪𝐚𝐭|

𝗠𝘂𝗹𝗮𝗾𝗮𝘁: 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Author's P.O.V

The black mass of clouds hovered over the village. The wind grew harsh as he sped up the car. The weather was cold but pleasing. The roar of thunder and the pitter-patter of raindrops soothed his nerves. The pleasant petrichor filled the atmosphere like an intoxication.

Shahzad was enjoying his solitude when someone came in front of the car. He quickly applied brakes and stopped the car a few steps ahead. Getting out of the car, ready to yell at the stupid person, he saw a figure wrapped up in a Chadar.

Two big bambi eyes were peeking through the Chadar. Realizing that it was a girl, he moved his eyes down quickly out of respect.

"Mohtarma apka dehan kidar ha ap abhi meri gari ka neecha a sakti---"

His voice was low yet firm. He was continuing his sentence when a soft melodious voice cut him off.

"Please humari madad kijiye. Humara peecha kuch larka par gaya hain. Woh isi taraf ata hoon ga--"

She got up from the ground and explained her situation. She was scared, her eyes were glistening with tears. Before she could continue her sentence, they both heard footsteps approaching in their direction.

"Ap ghari ma bheta." Shahzad opened the car door for her and moved forward towards the young boys who were the slaves of their hormones and desires. Azal was curiously watching the scene unfolding in front of her. She couldn't hear him. But he surely said something scary which frightened the boys and they ran for their dear life.

He came inside the car and said, "Ap mujhe apna ghar ka rasta batyain, ma apko ghar chor deta hoin." His authoritative voice unknowingly made her move back.

"Nahi hum chale jayain ga. Apka bhut shukriya, apne humari madad ki-"

"Dekhain yah jaga safe nahi ha aur ab toh raat bhi hogayi ha. Ap mujhe rasta batayain ma apko sahi salmat ghar chor doin ga."

The fear of bumping into those boys again made her accept his offer. However, she was also afraid of the darkness. Telling him the way they silently passed through the lush green field finally stopping the car in front of her Haveli.

"JAZAKALLAH! apka bhut shukriya. Apne humari itni madad ki. Ap bhut  acha insan hain." Saying this, she quickly got out of the car and saw her father coming towards her. Ibrahim's face was turning red with anger.

"Yeh kiya behoodgi ha. Kisi ka sath gayi thi Azal. Kon ha yah larka?" Hearing his roaring voice, everyone came outside. Her stepmother was enjoying this drama while her step-siblings did not react as if it was something they expected her to do.