My mother walks me down the aisle, wiping her tears along the way. We get to the altar where Sherlock is standing and my heart races. Enola takes my bouquet, and Tewkesbury helps me up the stairs. John and Mycroft stand next to Sherlock, and the second I look at Mycroft, he nods with a smile.

My eyes meet Sherlock's again, watching the tears roll down his face. He whispers, "You look beautiful, darling."

The officiant begins the ceremony. I try to listen, I really do, but I find myself getting lost in the blue eyes in front of me. And before I even realize it, it's time to exchange our vows.

"I'm not good with words, as you already know," Sherlock says, grabbing my hands.

The crowd laughs, and he smiles before continuing.

"Our first time meeting each other was rather embarrassing for me, but I knew the second I saw you that I wanted you in my life. I've never believed in love at first sight or love in general, but you changed that. And life seems to have gotten brighter since the day we met."

He pauses, "I used to dread waking up every morning, but now I look forward to it. Because I know you'll be by my side and you'll be the first thing I see. So, I vow to protect you, to be there for you through everything, and I vow to spend the rest of my life with you. Because you are the only one I want."

The sincerity in his eyes washes away every doubt I had. I know now that he truly means the words he says, and I hope he knows I mean the words I'll say.

"I've had my vows planned for weeks, but now I find myself at a loss for words," I mumble.

I take a deep breath, and he holds my hands tighter.

"When I had marched into Enola's office asking for a job, I hadn't expected to become a detective, and I certainly didn't expect to be marrying the greatest one there is."

Enola glares at me playfully, and I laugh, "One of the greatest ones there is."

She nods, and I continue.

"You were always on my mind, and I used to hate it so much that I tried to avoid you. But, it's like the universe knew we were meant to be together because you would always show up."

I take another deep breath, "You are the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, and I thank God every day for putting you in my life. So, on this day, I vow to protect you, to help you through every meddlesome case, and to be a lady but only when needed. Because spending the rest of my life with you is all I want."

He chuckles at my words, letting go of one of my hands to wipe his tears. I'm sure my makeup is smudged now because I've been crying before they even opened those doors for me.

"Sherlock, do you take (Y/n) to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Sherlock says, his eyes never leaving mine.

"(Y/n) do you take Sherlock to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," I answer with so much certainty that it shocks me.

"You may kiss the bride."

"Finally," Sherlock mutters, lifting my veil.

His lips meet mine, and the crowd cheers. The kiss is passionate but quick. Quicker than I would've liked, but we are in public, so it's understandable.