No Shit, Sherlock

"Sherlock Holmes, was seen walking the streets with an unknown woman at midnight. Has the famous detective finally found a wife, or perhaps he has fallen to paying a 'lady of the night'."

I open my eyes to see Enola pacing around my room, reading a newspaper.

"Enola?!"

She smacks her hands down on the foot of my bed and leans forward, "The one and only."

She sits on my bed and I crawl over to sit next to her.

"I'm so glad you're okay! I was really worried!"

She pulls the paper into her lap and gives me a smirk, "Care to explain this?"

I read the front page of the newspaper and groan. I guess what Enola said wasn't a nightmare.

"I promise it's not what it looks like, Sherlock was just walking me home-"

Enola laughs and smacks me with the paper, "Relax! I know it's not true."

I let out a relieved sigh but she smirks.

"Besides, I don't care if you're with my brother. I think you two would make a beautiful couple."

I hit her with a pillow and she laughs harder.

"Alright, then what about you and Tewkesbury?"

She snatches the pillow from my hands and hits me with it.

The two of us laugh for a minute, but she quickly turns serious again.

"I moved Bessie to a safer place this morning-"

"This morning?! What time is it!"

I frantically start pulling clothes out of my dresser, trying to find an outfit.

Enola catches some of the clothes I throw, "It's ten-past-twelve, you slept in."

I let out a groan and take the blue blouse from Enola, along with a pair of dark gray trousers.

"I'm so terribly sorry, I meant to wake up early today," I say, pulling my pants on.

"No worries, you were having a night out. I understand," she says with a smirk.

I slide my arms through the sleeves of my blouse and glare, "Haha, very funny."

I freshen up a bit in the bathroom and meet Enola downstairs. My mother waves the newspaper in the air with a taunting smirk.

"Busy night?"

"Shut up."

I wave bye to her and Enola and I start walking to the cafe down the street for lunch.

"So what was prison like?"

We sit down at a table and Enola shrugs, "i wasn't in there long enough to find out."

The waitress walks over, "Will it be the usual?"

We both nod and the woman smiles before walking away again.

"So I guess Sherlock's plan worked."

She looks at me in confusion, "Sherlock's plan?"

"Yes, last night we talked to a woman, he said she would help get you out. I just didn't think it'd work," I say, honestly.

Enola nods, her brows pulled together as she stares at the table.

Did she really think Sherlock would leave her there?

The waitress sets down two cups of tea and two plates of food, we both thank her, and she walks to another group of customers.

Enola points a piece of bacon at me, "We have much to do tonight."