28. i'll help you

Start from the beginning

liked by @nicolassturniolo, @arianagreenblatt and 8M others

sturngossipgirl
spotted: our favorite enemies locking lips. more than once...

comments:

@username1: i read that in the gossip girl voice

@nicolassturniolo: MATTHEW EXPLAIN NOW
↪️ @matthewsturniolo: i'm coming to your room rn

↪️ @christophersturniolo: i'm coming too

@madiflipowicz: wdym MORE THAN ONCE???

@nathandoe8: whoa.

@username2: this is insane WE NEED AN EXPLANATION

@malinaweissman: is this what you were gonna tell us bells?
↪️ @alahna111: she just told me it was

↪️ @arianagreenblatt: oh crap

@bellamiller: matt text me right now
↪️ @matthewsturniolo: yep mhm

˚ · • . ° .

mattress 😐: matt
isabella 😑: bella

mattress 😐:

so you saw the post?

isabella 😑:

yeah i did

mattress 😐:

what are we 

gonna do?

isabella 😑:

come over so

we can figure

it out

mattress 😐:

but it's 2am?

isabella 😑:

so??

mattress 😐:

on my way

isabella 😑:

see you in ten

liked by mattress 😐

˚ · • . ° .

while matt is on his way to my house, i take the time to put on something more presentable than old pajama shorts and one of landon's old shirts, and i check my face and my hair to see if they're okay, too. 

just as i'm getting done with taming my hair so it doesn't look wild as hell, i hear the doorbell ring. 

i go over to the door, and standing there in the warm night air is matt. 

"hey." i sigh, smiling a sad smile. 

"hi." he responds, stepping into the house. "whoa, this place hasn't changed at all, i haven't been here in ages and it looks the same." he adds. 

i nod. "i know. if it were up to me, i'd have redecorated ages ago but my mom likes it this way." i shrug. 

just then, luna runs over to where matt's standing and starts to rub her body in between his legs, showing her appreciation. 

the cat starts meowing and reaching for the boy with her paws, trying to get him to pet her. 

without fail, matt reaches down to give her the cuddles and pets that she wants, and the cat starts purring. 

luna loves matt.

i don't know why, but she's always really liked him. 

matt is her true favorite, but if nick or chris found out they'd riot, seeing as they both think that they're the ones she likes the most. 

i laugh softly at the scene in front of me. "come on, let's sit." i tell the boy. 

he hums in agreement, picking up luna and sitting down on the couch, setting her on his lap.

matt speaks first, breaking the silence. "so, what should we do?" he asks. "the whole world already knows that we kissed, more than once. it's no use trying to deny it, there's literally proof." 

i nod. "i know, it's crazy to think someone was fucking following us." i say. 

"i know, right? i feel like i won't be able to go out without being followed after this." he comments. 

i mumble an "mhm." and stay silent for a second. 

matt, too focused on luna, doesn't notice my efforts to change the topic a little. 

i finally say it. "i need your help, matt." i tell him, my voice desperate. 

his head shoots up to look me in the eye. "what's wrong?" he asks, concerned. 

"louis." i respond. 

it's funny how one simple word can change a person's whole demeanor in only a second. matt's gaze darkens, fading from concern to anger. "what did that rat do this time?" 

i open my texts with the british boy, and i show him my phone. 

_____________________

louis

you're with that matt guy?
I KNEW HE WAS A PROBLEM, THAT FUCKER
and you. 
why would you kiss him??
YOU KNOW I NEED YOU, YOU HAVE NO
RIGHT TO KISS SOMEONE ELSE

seen 13 minutes ago.

i'm coming to boston, and i'm 
bringing my belt. 

seen now.

_____________________

"i'm going to kill him."

i reach for matt's hand. "no, matt. i just need you to officially date me so it isn't just a dumb rumor, and he finally leaves me alone." 

he furrows his brows in confusion. "you want to fake date?" he considers this. "i'll help you."

i let go a sigh of relief. "thank you, matt. what he did can't happen again." 

he nods, smiling softly. "i know." 

"i'm here for you, bella." 

i smile. "thank you." i pull him into a hug. 

a five minute hug. 

˚ · • . ° .

FAKE DATINGGGGGGGG 😝

i fucking hate louis

like just go away no one wants you here

ok BYEEEEEE ⭐️