26. canikissyou?

˚ · • . ° .

𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗣𝗟𝗜𝗧 𝗔 𝗣𝗜𝗭𝗭𝗔 and get some garlic bread on the side, so as too not get too full but full enough.

i can't deny i felt butterflies when we shook hands, it was electric in the best way.

but i have no idea what to make of it.

the problem is that he's matthew. the matthew that insults me and argues with me over the stupidest things and tells me he hates me whenever he has the chance.

even though this is not the matt standing in front of me right now, i have no idea what to do.

we finish lunch, which was actually very enjoyable, we talked about so many things: from the best and worst candies to places we'd want to visit to exes.

i have to admit it was hard to focus on the conversation sometimes because my eyes kept wandering down to his lips.

i don't know where these sudden feelings are coming from, but i do know i'll keep them a secret. at least from matt himself.

the waiter hands me the bill with a smile, and i take a look at the price before telling matt to guess.

"i don't know, like forty bucks?" he asks, shrugging.

"fifty-five. you lost, matthew." i tell him.

he smiles. "well you're the one who just paid fifty-five dollars for a lunch, so who's the loser now?"

"still you." i assure him, smiling widely.

i head over to the counter and pay while matt takes our stuff and waits for me at the restaurant door.

"let's go to cartier, shall we?" he asks, in and old-lady-like tone.

i link my arm with his, like old women do, as if we were old rich ladies going shopping for designer clothes and spending money as if it were a cheap department store.

we head over to the clothes and jewelry part of the mall, and i spot cartier immediately.

"matt, look. there it is." i point at the store.

a smile makes it's way to his face. "let's go, then. but i get to choose your necklace." he reminds me.

i shake my head, smiling. "let's make it a little les torture for me, please." i chuckle.

"i'm listening."

i look up at him. "how about you choose three options and i get the one i like the most out of the three?" i ask.

"that sounds fair." he nods.

"and don't pick horrible things." i remind him, grinning.

matt laughs. "fine."

˚ · • . ° .

"matt, we've been in here for half an hour, just choose the last one so i cam get one of them, please." i smile tiredly.

"but i'm stuck between two, i can't choose." he pouts.

"do you want me to choose for you?" i ask, giving him a helpless look.