14. girlboss move

· • . ° .

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧 𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗨𝗣 𝗧𝗢 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠, i decided to call malina and ask her if she could have lunch with me intead of talking to nick and chris.

i'll tell them later, though.

she said yes, so here i am, at mcdonald's.

we agreed to meet here because we didn't feel like doing anything fancy.

plus, i just want some comfort food.

i walk up to her as she's ordering, and she jumps when i put my hand on her shoulder.

"AAH!" she yelps. "shit, you scared me bella!" she chokes out a laugh.

"sorry, malina." i laugh too.

"i have some updates, though" i tell her.

"abou the date?" she asks, and i nod. "it doesn't seem like it went well, by the look on your face." she states.

"yeah it was horrible." i say. "but there's something else that happened after."

"oh? tell me." she says as we take our order to a booth in the back.

i sit down and tell her everything that went down with josh at the date, getting teary-eyed again.

"oh, honey. he's just an asshole who is dumb and mean and he was way out of line saying that to you." she looks at me, a sad smile on her face.

"yeah, no shit." i laugh weakly.

"not to mention it was also a very sexist thing to say." she states. "saying you only got to where you are now because you supposedly used your body to get there? it's disgusting." she explains.

"i agree, honestly." i tell her.

"so he's out?" she asks.

"i think so, yeah. i don't know what i was expecting, he had so many raging red flags." i laugh.

"that is so true." malina takes a sip of her drink. "hey, what was the other weird thing that happened after?" she asks.

"right. that." i make a face.

"what is that face?" she laughs.

i laugh with her. "it was just a really weird interaction. i didn't like it at all."

"please get to the point, i can't deal with angst." she says, desperately laughing.

"okay, so. when i left josh there-" i say.

"girlboss move." she interrupts me.

i laugh and go on. "i got into my car and really needed to talk to someone, so i decided to go to the sturniolo house to find nick and chris." i explain.

"so i got there, with my fucked-up, runny mascara and guess who opened the door? matthew." i continue.

malina raises her brows in surprise and i continue explaining. "so it turns out that nick and chris were at the store or whatever, so matt told me that i could wait on the couch."