chapter 3. how unfortunate

kind of butchered the ending but when do I not.

that is all.

word count: 14,094

third person pov.

"Blood or loyalty?" her voice spoke in a deep and dark tone, her famous line that she spoke to anyone who she conquered or who fell to their knees in an effort to join her Empire, or even the soldiers that joined the ranks to get stronger or have the honour of fighting by her side. Many people have taken this saying differently; offer your life or serve me, spill your blood then you can serve me, etc. Though to the people she first said these words to, they know the true meaning behind them and they constantly live by them while she in turn decided that then and there she was going to trust them for the rest of their lives until the day they meet their demise. She sat upon her throne as she looked down at the new rally of pirates who were unfortunate enough to stumble upon her island when trying to enter Reverse Mountain reach the Grand Line: Paradise, but somehow ended up on her island. They were foolish to think they could run amok in her territory without thinking there were going to be any repercussions, they were on a part of her island that was specialised for human visitors and merchants so they had no idea they were messing with the wrong people until it was too late, now they were grovelling at the feet of this giant woman who glared down at them as if they were the filth of the earth "What do you choose, insignificant fleas?"

"Lo- Loyalty!" the captain, she believes, shouts aloud "We choose loyalty, your majesty! W-We would also like to apologize for trashing your town! We didn't know it was your territory!" he shouts, she rolled her eyes. It doesn't matter if it was her territory or not, they came in uninvited then trashed up her establishment and acted as if they were going to run the place "We beg for your forgiveness, please!"

"W-We'll never show our faces ever again, so you should forgive us!" the pressure suddenly got heavier as the air got colder, they lifted their heads and fear struck their hearts when they saw how livid she was, an irk mark stretching across her cheek along with on the back of the hand that was holding her head up, her eyes glaring down at them with such malice. Her four loyal guards, though despite they were wearing helmets that concealed their faces, they could clearing feel the animosity from them as they too glared down at the humans.

"Are you... telling me what to do?" they all let out a shriek when she raised her fist and slammed it down on the arm rest of her throne, her other hand digging into the arm rest as she leaned forward to shout at them "Not only do you invite yourselves onto my island and make yourselves at home, you thought you could do whatever you wanted and stupidly thought that the actual owner of this island wasn't going to do shit about it. And when you got caught you're here now and groveling at my feet like the sniveling idiots that you are, you think you can beg for my forgiveness then TELL me to forgive you. That's the biggest insult anyone has ever thrown in my face! A human, telling ME what to do? How absurd!" she then slams both her fists down before stepping off her throne, the pirates couldn't lift their heads even if they wanted too since they were paralyzed in fear but they could just feel her towering over them.

"P-Please forgive us..." she grinds her teeth together out of frustration, lifting her foot and slamming it down just beside the pirate crew then kneeling down so that her golden eyes were right above them.

"And why exactly should I forgive you? I don't need your loyalty, you nameless pirates who weren't even able to start the beginning of their adventure." she stands up straight and raises her foot again, planning on stomping on them but was stopped when her royal advisor entered the room.

"Your majesty, there's someone on the line for you." she let out a sigh as she took a step back, the pirates let out a breath of relief that they were given at least a few more seconds to live "I believe it's urgent." she rolled her eyes, placing a hand on her hip while the other gestured to the still groveling pirates.