𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

ابدأ من البداية

"I need you to cover for me," Lo'ak spoke fast as continued shaking her. Okay. Now she was scared. "For what?" Kxari pried Lo'aks' hands off her shoulders and placed a hand on his arm in the hope of calming him.

"I have to see Payakan. Since the Tulkun has come back I couldn't see him. But now I can so I want you to cover for me just in case Neteyam comes looking for me. You can do that for me, right?" A hopeful smile made its way onto his face as Kxari analyzed his face. Soon her face morphed into distraught, making Lo'ak pause. Kxari knew what would happen if he went to see Payakan. Bonding. Slowly shaking her head she backed away from him.

"No." Her brows furrowed, her lips turned down into a deep frown. Lo'ak looked at her confused, letting out a puzzled chuckle. "What? What do you mean, no?"

"I will not allow you to go out and see him." Kxari stood up and stared down at him. She didn't want Lo'ak getting in trouble at all so the best way for her was to stop him. She knew how much Payakan meant to Lo'ak but Tonowari and Ronal would not approve of such things, and the Sully family could get kicked out of Awat'atlu. Standing up from his crouched position he stood face to face with the taller girl.

"What are you talking about? You always let me see him, what's so different about now?" Lo'ak was extremely confused, why was she changing so suddenly? Kxari just shook her head, stepping to the side, blocking him from entering the sea.

"What now that you become some typa of warrior, you're all responsible now?" Lo'ak chuckled again in disbelief, she was just like Neteyam. He wasn't surprised at all, now that she and Neteyam were dating he was sure his brother rubbed off on her.

"It's not that." Her voice came in a small whisper as she stared deeply into his eyes. "Wow. And I thought you were different from everyone else." Kxari couldn't help but cringe back, biting her tongue she stared at him, mirroring the same disbelief look. Opening her mouth to speak she could not find anything to say, her lips twitched as they stood there in a comfortable silence. When Lo'ak noticed she wouldn't say anything he scoffed, walking towards the sea preparing himself to dive in. Kxari reached forward, grabbing his arm to prevent him from doing anything. When Lo'ak turned around Kxari had a hard expression on her face that made him stop for a moment.

"You can't." Her tone was low and threatening as her teeth clenched once she finished speaking. Lo'ak tensed a bit but he pushed her arm off and dived into the water. Calling for an ilu he swam away, looking behind him to expect Kxari to chase after him he saw no one. It surprised him a bit since he was used to Neteyam chasing after him but for once he felt free but also a twinge of loneliness. Shaking off the feeling of betrayal came back, Kxari was his friend, and they understood each other, why was she being so domineering? Once again he blamed his brother, for once in his life he had someone who understood him they were the same but his brother came in and swooped her up.

Kxari watched as he disappeared into the vastness of the sea, letting out a growl of annoyance as she ran her hand through her hair. Only some times in her life had she been livid and now was one of those times. How can he not understand simple instructions? If he wishes to break the Tulkun law then so be it, it wasn't any of her problem. Shaking her head she pursed her lips, sitting down again. Reaching over to the wilted flowers that Lo'ak stepped on she plucked the two of them from the ground and threw it into the sea like she did with the other flower before. The sound of footsteps made Kxari perk up, and the sight of Neteyam made her calm down. But the more he came closer she noticed that Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Rotxo followed closely behind.

Once they reached her concerned faces laced Tsireya and Neteyam's faces. Knowing what they were here for she sighed and got up from her spot. Neteyam reached forward and placed his hand on her bicep, his face scrunched in concern and frustration. "Do you know where Lo'ak is? I have been searching for him for so long and I can't seem to find him." Kxari's ears twitched as her lips twitched into a frown, facing the sea she decided to defy his wishes. In a whisper, she urged them into the sea. "Come."