Savor

A sigh left my lips as I gazed out the permanently shut window, watching the sun drift behind the tall trees that stood on the edge of the property as it set. But not even the golden rays of the dying light could keep my mind from wandering to my nagging emotions. I hated to admit it, but with Derek's heavy workload, due to the 'quarterly report' he'd been grumbling about recently, I found myself disgustingly needy and craving for his touch. Even if it was rough. And while I was certain Derek would enjoy the same attention I was craving for, I didn't even have a chance to vocalize my feelings, as his return after a long night always resulted in him collapsing into the bed, barely taking the time to take off his suit before falling asleep. By the end of the week, I was bored out of my mind, albeit quite rested. With a huff, I walked over to the dresser Derek had brought into my area of the room, giving me a spot to organize my small collection of clothes and prizes. Despite not doing much of anything today, I pulled my shirt off, tossing it in the hamper as I dug through the drawers for a sleeping shirt. Just as I picked up something to wear, the door unlocked behind me, goosebumps rising on my skin as a draft filled the room. I covered my chest with the shirt I was holding as I spun to meet the intruder, only to see that it was Derek, back home from a long day of work. Really, it wouldn't make sense for anyone else to be coming in this late, but the sudden entrance still put me on edge. Derek's eyes lit up as he noticed my state, the corners of his lips curling into a grin. "Ooooh! Very proactive of you" he teased, making me blush. "I-I was changing for bed" I tried to explain, "I didn't really think you'd be back for a while, since the last few nights you've come back so late." "Yeah, well...the quarterly is done, so I'm free!" Derek cheered, shaking off his suit in relief. I couldn't help smiling as I saw just how happy he was, beaming like a child who just barely passed a hard exam. "That's good to hear...So things will be easier for you at work?" I questioned, not really sure what else to say. "For the next three months, it will be," Derek started before making his way to me, "I thought up something fun to do on the way home, and I'm just dying to try it out~" While his words made me nervous, I couldn't help but feel giddy at what possibly could come next. "Well, are you going to finish changing or what? We got stuff to do!" he asked impatiently. Realizing I was still topless, I quickly pulled the new shirt over my head, immediately feeling more comfortable. "So...what's the plan?" I asked hesitantly. Derek wordlessly held out his hand, beckoning for me to take it. I timidly placed my hand in his, forcing my body to relax as he maneuvered my arm to link with his. "So, I'm taking you on a little trip," Derek stated, his grip tightening as he spoke, "play nice, and maybe we can do this more often. Fuck around, and I'll make sure you regret it." "I know..." I mumbled, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding as his grip relaxed. "...Good." With that, Derek led me to the doorway, guiding me through the thresh point of my prison I never thought I'd live to pass. Before I had time to take in my surroundings, Derek walked me down the massive hallway, allowing me only momentary glances at all the new sights. But even with that I was able to tell that this house was far larger than I expected. Just the length of the hallway made me doubt I could navigate my way to the exit if I had the chance. But I shook those negative thoughts out of my head, choosing to focus on my surroundings while I had the chance. As expected, the rest of the house was just as beautiful as Derek's room. Even the seemingly never ending hallway oozed elegance with its dark matte walls and stylish gold accents. Derek chuckled as he noticed my awed expression. "You're seriously that impressed? What, did you grow up in a barn or something?" he teased. "I'll have you know that I grew up in a normal, everyday house," I uttered under my breath, "you're the one living in this crazy mansion. Is it really just you living here?" "We got some live-in staff, but I'm the only one living here full time...besides you, of course." I didn't have to look at him to know he had a smirk on his face. I bit the inside of my cheek to push down the sass I desperately wanted to dish out. "Then why do you need so much space?" I asked, straining to keep my attitude at bay. "Well first of all, I need space for my gym, which I use often by the way. Second, I have an indoor pool, so that takes up like a third of the space to keep it ventilated. Third, my dad would only sign the mortgage of a house that he, and his little harem of girls half his age, could crash at when he's had enough of his current step-family. I don't even know how many guest rooms there are in this place." I let out an 'oof' before I could hold myself back, but luckily Derek hummed in agreement.