I finally accept and go inside. I immediately feel carried away by the atmosphere and animation.

Drinks are served to me and I dance without paying attention to the rest, with a smile on my lips, happy to regain the freedom I lost during confinement.

A man who seems to be my age comes up to me on the dance floor. I immediately notice his charming smile and the tanned skin on his torso under his half-open shirt.

We start talking, I like him a lot and after having flirted a little moment we kiss in the midst of the crowd of people dancing.

Maybe I should be a little more careful about my actions in a public place, but I have too much alcohol in my blood to care about anything other than the man holding my face in his hands and putting his lips on mine.

We end up leaving the nightclub and ending the evening somewhere else, together.

***

When I wake up I have a bit of a headache but I feel good and I remember the night I spent in the company of the man I met a few hours earlier and it was good.

I grab my phone and turn it on. It's flooded with notifications. I frown, obviously not understanding the reason for the flood of messages.

Pierre: Don't look at the internet, join me at your apartment as soon as you see this message. I'm so sorry, Charles.

My blood is freezing and my heart missed a beat.

I'm starting to get an idea of what's going on and it's just a nightmare.

I want to consult my phone but the man next to me, wakes up and puts his hand behind my bare back to get my attention.

I turn to him and my eyes dive into his bright smile.

"Did you sleep well?

- Yes it was perfect.

- Cool... You can help yourself in the kitchen if you're hungry.

-  Well... I had a great night with you, but I have an emergency... I forgot I'm sorry.

The smile turns into a grimace.

- I understand. I loved that moment with you, I won't forget so thank you Charles.

- Thank you too, and I'm sorry again.

- Don't apologize. It's been a pleasure to share this with you. "

I pack my things and hurry to get dressed before leaving his apartment.

I take my car and drive to Monaco without looking at my phone like Pierre asked me to.

When I get to my apartment, Pierre is already there, returned with his spare keys.

My best friend gets up from the couch he was sitting on and walks towards me with a sorry look.

He hugs me quickly.

"People are really asshole!! They should be punished by law.

- What's going on, Pierre?

I ask the question, although I am sure I know the answer, I would like to hear anything but that.

- Pictures are circulating of you. At an LGBT nightclub.

I feel my mouth dry all at once.

- Can I... see the pictures?"

Pierre takes out his phone and quickly shows me the three photos.

I'm in the middle of my crowd, a drink in my hand having fun. That was before I met the man I slept with.