Chapitre Huit

“Ok, you are officially a slut, you know that?” Amber said, as Johanna opened the door of the hotel flat.

“Me? I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Johanna smiled, putting down her purse and going to the kitchen.

“Don’t play the dumb bitch on me, Johanna. How can you go to bed with that wonderful man, text me and then turn off your god damn cell phone?!” She threw a pillow at Johanna’s direction. “You minx!”

“Oh, aren’t you a curious cat?” Johanna laughed, coming back to the room with a bottle of wine and two glasses. “I just thought the story should be well told!”

“Fine, spit it out.” Amber demanded, as her friend calmly opened the bottle and pured some wine for her.

“Oh, well where to start? We spoke for hours, what a delightful restaurant…”

“Jo, I don’t give a crap about this. How was he in bed?”

She smiled. “Fantastic.”

Amber laughed. “Fantastic? Atta girl!”

“And it wasn’t only once…” she continued, naughtily.

“Good Lord, what a whore… I’m so proud of you!” Amber lifted her glass, on a toast. “And are you going to see him again?”

“We plan to meet again, yes…”

“So, how is it going to be? A booty call until we go back home?”

“Well, I suppose it would be something of the kind. We have spoken about it before doing anything. We agreed that it would be only meaningless, wild and shameless sex.” Johanna winked. “And quite frankly, it’s a great deal.”

“Well, in theory, it’s a great deal… Just be careful, he sounds like a charming man and it must be easy to fall in love with him.”

“Oh, he is very charming, no doubt.” She sipped her wine, carelessly. “But I’m not a fool, I know I must be only one more in his little black book. At the time I texted you, he went to pick up a call outside…”

“Mhmm, and you think it might be from another woman?”

“Most likely. Why not? Isn’t it a great deal for a man to have as many women as he can without any strings? The only thing is, I am okay with it. And I’m sure he knows where to find more.”

“I suppose. Well, if you are happy, I’m happy for you, Jo.”

“More than happy, darling, I’m completely satisfied! Not once with Greg  had I  ever felt like this!”

“Are you kidding me? You mean…”

“Yes, I mean this!” she burst in laughter. “God, what a man! He knows the body of a woman as well as if he was one!”

“Oh, you… You’re gonna make me ask for every single detail, aren’t you?”

“Well, we have all night, don’t we? Ask away, darling, I won’t spare your innocence.”

After five hours, three wine bottles, a few chocolate boxes and even an ordered pizza, Joanna and Amber decided to end the night at some restaurant, with promises that the next morning they would spend a few hours at the hotel’s gym. They opted for a good sushi house not too far away from the hotel. Deciding to start losing the calories they had not yet gained (or better, the ones they had gained before), Johanna dismissed the cab and put on not too high heels that would allow her to walk.

They were both still laughing and happy as they crossed the street, slightly clumsily under the wine effects but still sober enough to know where they were going. Some people looked at them rather amused, finding it funny how easily foreigners would loosen  up in Paris.

That was when Johanna spotted something on the other street. Rather someone. In fact, there were two people: One of them was Arturo, and the other one was a very attractive blonde whose arm was around his waist. They seemed pretty close, as Arturo was whispering something in  her ear.

It didn’t take long until Amber spotted it as well. “Jo? Is everything alright?”

“Yes, it is. Look, I told you.” She smiled, sarcastically. “One in the morning, another in the night. Typical. But, well, it Works for me.”

Johanna put on her best smile, and kept on walking with Amber, both of them not mentioning the occasion again the rest of the night. But of course, the scene, for some odd reason, seemed to be stuck on Johanna’s mind. And for some odd reason, she felt a strange coldness on her chest every time she remembered how close his lips were to that woman’s ear.