𝟐.𝟐𝟒 𝙄𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝘼𝙡𝙠

Start from the beginning

Sophie shared a wary look with Spencer as they watched Jenna.

"Sorry to interrupt" Jenna said.

"Can you see or not?" Hanna questioned abruptly, earning herself a harsh jab in the side, courtesy of Sophie.

"Hanna!" Spencer muttered harshly.

The blonde's question seemed to trigger something in Jenna. She folded her hands in front of her, nervously picking at the skin on her thumb. Sophie didnt miss the unusual tremble in Jenna's hands as she slowly shook her head.

"Wait" Sophie mumbled, "the surgery didnt..."

"No, it didnt" Jenna told them, "I went in knowing the odds, so I can't be shocked"

For the first time since the initial accident, Sophie actually felt sorry for Jenna.

"The funny thing is, I woke up this morning and, uh-" Jenna scoffed, "I could see clearly ... just not with my eyes. Sophie?"

Sophie's eyes widened after hearing her name.

"You could've left me in that smoky room, Sophie, but you" Jenna said, pausing as she sniffed, desperately trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to escape, "you didn't. Instead, you – you saved my life"

Sophie couldn't help but slightly cower as Jenna looked at her, and Sophie hated to admit that it felt Jenna was staring into her soul through her sunglasses.

"And it made me realise that people can grow" Jenna continued, "So, now it's my turn, that's why I'm here. I'm here to apologize and to let go of the anger hat's been holding me back"

Sophie couldn't quite believe what she was hearing, Jenna was apologizing. To them. If it wasn't for the way her heart was pounding and the way in which her palms were growing increasingly sweaty, Sophie would have thought she was dreaming.

"So can we just move on?"

"What exactly are you apologizing for, Jenna?" Emily asked.

Jenna lifted her hand to wipe away the tears that were now spilling from beneath her glasses.

"For holding a grudge and uh for hating you" Jenna said, "we've all don't things that we're not proud of and I know what you think of me but you're wrong. I've never been the person you really need to fear"

A chill ran down Sophie's spine at Jenna's words, and she didn't stick around long enough for the girls to get any more information out of her. Jenna pushed herself up from her seat, pulling her cane out from her jacket pocket.

The girls intently watched as Jenna walked off, using her cane to guide her.

"Please don't tell me you bought that" Emily asked once Jenna was out of earshot.

"I kind did" Aria shrugged.

Sophie didn't know what to believe, apart of her wanted to think that Jenna was being genuine, she wanted to be hopeful that they could put all this behind them. However, that other part of her was screaming that there was no possible way that Jenna would ever forgive them. Sophie herself certainly wouldn't forgive the people responsible for ruining her life.

"Guys, if the surgery didn't work, there's no way she hates us less" Emily reasoned, "I still believe she had something to do with the fire at Jason's"

"So, you think she just set the fire and walked into it?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah, I've heard of cutting off your nose to spite your face but-"

"Cutting off your whole face" Spencer interrupted Aria.

"So, if Jenna isn't A then who is she talking about?" Emily questioned, "Garrett?"