𝟐.𝟏𝟐 𝙄 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨

Start from the beginning

"What like snoop around?" Hanna asked in confusion as Spencer picked up Emily's phone. The girls watched intently as Spencer searched through the messages on their friends phone for any clues as to where the girl could possibly be.

"What is it?" Sophie asked as she watched Spencer's face contort in confusion as she read over a message.

"Han, did you not see this?" Spencer asked, showing the blonde something on the screen before turning the phone so that Aria and Sophie could see as well.

"Wait is that you?" Hanna said, looking up at Aria. Sophie stared at the phone screen in confusion, looking over the picture that was lighting up the screen – an image of Aria and Mr. Fitz making out.

"Yeah of course it's me" Aria panicked, taking the phone from Spencer.

"Well, unless your Aria's mom, just assume it's Spencer, you know, slutting it up" Spencer muttered sarcastically.

"When did she get that?"

"3.07" Spencer said, "and it came with a text"

'Clue Ella in and I'll let you out - A'

"Gimme this" Aria exclaimed, taking the phone out of Spencer's hands once more.

"Aria chill" Sophie scoffed, "Emily wouldn't send that to your mother"

"Well of course she wouldn't, because she can't, 'cause we have her phone and she left in the middle of the night!" Spencer ranted.

"Where the hell is she?"

✦✧✦✧

The four girls had spent their entire morning trying to fine Emily, they had been quite literally running around town trying to find where the girl could possibly be. When the girls were running out of ideas about where to look for her, Sophie suggested going to Dr. Sullivan's office.

However, upon arrival there was no sight of their tanned friend, so Dr. Sullivan had invited them to wait there until they heard any news. Which lead to now, Sophie was sitting on the couch in the therapist's office, nervously fiddling with the rings on her fingers as they waited to hear from Emily.

The four girls immediately tensed when they heard the sound of a knock from the other side of Dr. Sullivan's door.

"Hi" Emily's voice sounded from the now opened door, "I'm ready. To talk"

"Good" Dr. Sullivan smiled, "Come in and join us, you're friends have been worried about you"

Emily walked into the room and Sophie let out a sigh of relief at the sight of her friend, she tried to offer the girl a small, reassuring smile however the tanned girl looked to the floor to avoid her gaze.

Hanna was the first to break the silence, "Em, why didn't you wake me? I was sleeping five feet away from you"

"I can't keep asking my friends to take care of me" Emily retorted.

"We're not trying to take care of you Em, we're your best friends" Sophie smiled, "we want to be there for you"

"Emily look, if you were seriously thinking about going to Texas-" Aria started.

"I didn't have any plans. I just knew that the longer I stayed here the worse it was gonna get-" Emily said, "I'm not gonna be used as a bowling ball to knock down my best friends"

Emily sounded tired and Sophie knew that the girl was hurting deep down. She sounded tired of being A's scapegoat and Sophie didn't blame her – they were all getting tired of the grip A had on their lives. They were all tired A being in the driver's seat of their lives.