18: thoughts of a regressor

Începe de la început

Ahn Eun-Byeol:
Is there something in the East?

Yoo Junghyuk:
The Catastrophe of Questions is about to wake up.
Someone is waking all the catastrophes.

Ahn Eun-Byeol:
The fifth Main Scenario hasn't even started yet. Wouldn't this be detrimental to everyone if the Scenario jumpstarted?

Yoo Junghyuk:
In any case, we need to leave. Now.

Kim Dokja grew weary. Who on earth was trying to wake the Catastrophes in advance? He called for Sooyoung and Binna, telling them they needed to leave at once. At the same time, he moved to pick up the immobile Junghyuk but someone once again snatched the regressor. Eun-Byeol carried Junghyuk on his shoulder, as if he were a sack of flour.

"Sunbae—"

"I'll carry him. Dokja-shi doesn't need to do something as toilsome as carrying this thing."

This thing, Yoo Junghyuk, felt his heart make waves of discontent.

Their destination was the East, where the Catastrophe of Questions was about to make its appearance. The road to their destination lacked any obstacle and even if there was, Binna would deal with it immediately with a single swing of the scythe.

Yoo Junghyuk:
You can leave me here. I don't need your help.

Ahn Eun-Byeol:
If Dokja-shi wants to take you with us, then you're coming with us.

Kim Dokja:
Don't get cocky. We might really just dump you at the side of the road.

Ahn Eun-Byeol:
Or in the middle so that he can get run over.

Yoo Junghyuk:
...

Kim Dokja:
Anyway, when do you think you can move on your own?

Yoo Junghyuk:
In two days.

Kim Dokja:
You're going to kill me then, aren't you?

It was not until that message got sent did Dokja remember who else was in the chat. In an instant, his sunbae's smile turned chilly.

Ahn Eun-Byeol:
It is he who'll die in two days if he makes a move.

The arm holding Junghyuk in place on Eun-Byeol's shoulder tightened, to the point that Junghyuk couldn't help but wince. Noticing this, Dokja quickly tried to soothe his sunbae.

Kim Dokja:
It was a joke! Just a joke! No need to get angry, sunbae.

Ahn Eun-Byeol:
No matter what, if he decides to kill you, I'll kill him first.

Although it was a different reply from what Dokja was expecting, a sigh of relief slipped through his lips. His sunbae didn't get angry any further and Dokja didn't have to worry about dying in Junghyuk's hand in the future.

Yoo Junghyuk:
... I won't kill him.

Surprised, Dokja shot the regressor a look, only for his expression to freeze when Junghyuk's fiery gaze met his.