18: thoughts of a regressor

Start from the beginning

It took a while for the ingredients to melt together. The bubbling liquid in the pot had a grueling green color, with chunks of ingredients that hadn't properly dissolved. Sooyoung eyed it with a dubious look. "Wouldn't that kill him instead of saving him?"

Binna: "Isn't that better? At least he won't bother my brother anymore."

Sooyoung: "Sheesh. I haven't even seen him bother that beauty but you're quite hostile towards him, huh?"

Binna rolled her eyes. "Duh, isn't that obvious?"

Picking up the spoon used to stir the medicine, Dokja supported the regressor's head lest he choked on the antidote. He even blew on the still boiling medicine to cool it down. Obviously, he planned to feed Junghyuk himself to get this over with but a certain someone snatched the spoon.

It was stolen so fast that Dokja blew once more before realizing that the spoon was no longer between his fingers. Having expected this, he turned to look at Eun-Byeol whose lips were pursed in indignation. "Sunbae, the spoon please."

The beau who always smiled unhesitatingly expressed his jealousy. "Dokja-shi hadn't even fed me himself before, but you're doing it for this bastard?"

Not sure where it came from or perhaps it was something Dokja wanted to do deep inside, but he reassured his sunbae with a pat on the head and said, "Then, I'll feed sunbae personally in the future, okay?" Dokja simply wanted his sunbae to give back the spoon and to stop making that face made the reader uncomfortable.

Sooyoung scrunched her nose watching this scene while Binna was practically surrounded by flowers as she enjoyed seeing her brother-in-law being sweet towards her brother.

Dokja's tone, as always, was patient and soothing towards his sunbae. He himself was unaware but the way he spoke towards Eun-Byeol had gradually changed since the first Main Scenario. From cautious to friendly to comforting.

Once the beau was comforted, he simply huffed and returned the spoon back to Dokja. The reader laughed lightly before feeding the poison-like antidote to Junghyuk who had yet to put his glowering eyes away.

At the same time, several window statuses popped up in front of him.

[The constellation, Demonic Judge of Fire, is moved by your act of kindness and patience.]

[You have been gifted 500 coins.]

These two windows repeated several times up until he finished feeding Junghyuk a spoonful of antidote. Once the last drop entered Junghyuk's mouth, his eyes opened. The first thing the regressor saw was Dokja's unconcerned face and Eun-Byeol's dissatisfaction.

"Hey, you're back."

[Used the item, Midday Rendezvous.]

[Waiting for your target to accept.]

[Your target has accepted your request.]

[Initializing Midday Rendezvous.]

It was an item that they could use to hold a private conversation. Kim Dokja pulled in both his sunbae and Junghyuk. The things they would talk about would be quite sensitive and he didn't want Han Sooyoung, who was someone suspicious, to overhear their conversation.

Dokja Kim:
Hey, can you hear me?

Yoo Junghyuk:
Go East immediately.