Chapter thirty four

Third Person POV

Don't go to school today, bun.

Miyeon's words echoed through his mind as he trudged towards the infirmary. He knew he was going to have a very nasty headache after a depressed crying night, might as well have listened to his mother.

Texting his brother and best friends, he talked to the nurse before falling on one of the beds, rolling onto the side, he clutched his head in pain.

The nurse gave him a painkiller which he swallowed with distaste, feeling like throwing up everything he ate.

Jungkook tried to switch off his thoughts and focus on getting better but everything just whirled inside his mind. The memories, his middle school, his classmates and everything.

"Please shut up for a while," He murmured, massaging his temples with both hands. A few tears escaped his eyes.

After some time, the throbbing in his head seemed to fade as he fell asleep.

________________________

When Taehyung got to know Jungkook wasn't going to show up for club merge activities because of a severe headache, he tried to ditch the activities and go to the ravenette immediately, but he didn't get permission so he hurriedly completed his work and ran out of the club room.

It was one of the rare times he did his art task so half-heartedly. The distress and worry made him anxious.

Yoongi was busy with some council work with Jimin lending him a hand. Yeji and Hoseok still had to complete the punishment so they couldn't be with Jungkook either. Both seniors checked up on him but the boy was not awake so they came back.

He entered the infirmary, greeting the nurse in a low voice, and asking about Jungkook. She pointed at the bed near the window where the basketball player was asleep.

Taehyung picked up a chair, carefully bringing it near Jungkook and taking a seat. The worried frown never left his face as he looked at Jungkook. He placed the banana milk and biscuits on the side table and leaned forward, gently brushing away the black locks from his face.

It was not long after Taehyung arrived that Jungkook stirred in his sleep, groaning a bit as his hand went to his head, clutching it to subside the pain.

"Jungkook? Are you awake?" A soft voice he recognized came from the left, causing him to open his eyes, confused.

Taehyung?

The window light made his eyes squint as he tried to focus on the blue-haired boy. Initially, he thought he was hallucinating but Taehyung's presence seemed too real.

"How are you feeling?" Taehyung asked softly as Jungkook tried to sit, the grogginess of his mind making him unable to do so.

"Here, let me." Taehyung stood up, helping him sit up. Jungkook held Taehyung's sleeve, not wanting to let go of him. The other was a little surprised at the gesture but didn't say anything.

"I'm . . . I don't feel good. My head hurts so much." Jungkook's voice was drained and gloomy, "What are you doing here?" He asked, looking up at Taehyung for a second before shutting his eyes in pain, the throbbing returning.

"Yoongi hyung told me you were not feeling well so I wanted to check up on you," Taehyung resisted the urge to embrace Jungkook and do anything which will comfort him, ease his pain.

Taehyung's words created that same fluttery feeling and warmth spreading inside Jungkook he had been experiencing for a while.

If not for the sickening pain, he would've basked in the feeling longer. He wondered why Taehyung would bother to spare him time like this. He wasn't even his partner and they just recently got close through the club merge.