27 | teacher bahng

"CHAPTER 27"
teacher bahng
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

When you said that you were bad at bowling, you really meant it.

You have some kind of deviation to the left. No matter how you throw the ball, it always goes towards the left and it barely touches any of the pins because it's already in the gutter when it arrives. It truly is bad.

Jisoo is laughing every time you throw the ball. "Riles, I know you said you were bad, but you're really bad at this."

You flip her off and plop down on the bench. It's Rin's turn next. She's actually really good at bowling. You're surprised. She's one of the two that really keeps you guys in the top, with Chris being the other one.

Seungmin and Jisoo are somewhat average. Seungmin doesn't really care about it so he's not trying too hard. He's just playing and spends most of his time looking at Rin instead. There's something about her and he can't figure out what it is.

Jisoo is not that bad either. She's not good like Rin, but she can throw those bowling balls with a high speed and they surely get the pins to the ground. There were a few spares here and there, so her points are alright.

But you? Oh, that's a whole different story. You're the worst. No only in your team, no, from every person in your group. The "gutter" image has played more times for you alone than it did for kids on the lane on your right. It's really embarassing.

"Can someone help the poor girl? All she does is throw the ball in the damn gutter," Jisoo whines. You can see the slight smirk around her face. You wish you could smack it off her face. You don't need help.

"I don't need help, shut up," you say, grabbing the ball and walking towards the lane. You take a stance and swing your arm back, then throwing the ball. It rolls and rolls... and rolls right into the gutter. No pins down, obviously.

Chris grimaces. "I know you don't want the help, but let me give you a tip," he says as he stands up. He can't bear seeing how you keep throwing the same ball over and over again and it never going in a straight line.

Chris grabs a ball and gives it to you. "Show me how you hold the ball."

You nod and take the ball from him, then showing him how you hold it. He nods, "Ah, what if you move your finger slightly? Like this?"

He stands a little closer to you, his left hand cupping yours so the ball is more steadied. With his right hand he moves some of your fingers and angles your wrist a little. "I think it will be a little better if you hold it like this. And since you have a slight deviation to the left, you might want to angle your body a little to the right instead."

Chris lets go of your hand, then angling your body slightly so you're facing the other lane a little bit more. It feels wrong to have your body angled in this direction, but you trust him. Maybe you'll actually hit some pins this time.

"And now for the throwing," Chris mumbles, walking to your back and standing right behind you. Your eyes widen as you notice how close he's standing. Against you, helping you out...

Your body feels like it's on fire. You have no idea how your legs are still standing in the same position as Chris advised you to. His right hand is wrapped around yours again, and his body is steadied so you won't fall. He holds your arm up, angles it a little and moves his head close to yours.

"Try to keep your hand in this same angle when you swing backwards so it doesn't change course," he mumbles, looking at the pins in the distance. "You might be able to hit a spare still if you throw it right."