He thought as he returned to his paperwork.

Hiruzen: "What is it Naruto? Normally I wouldn't mind the distraction, but I'm a little busy planning the second half of the Chunin Exams. Whatever it is you have to talk to me about can wait until after the-"

Naruko: "Kushina Uzumaki!"

    His heart dropped into his stomach when he heard that name as he looked back up to the girl, who was glaring at him with a look of betrayal and anger while clutching a small leather-bound book in his hand.

Hiruzen: Where did you?"

    he stopped when the Chunin holding Naruko gave him confused looks as they switched between the young Uzumaki and the ageing Hokage. The old man sighed as he gestured them to leave.

Hiruzen: That'll be all, I'll take it from here."

    He told them as the Chunin's looked confused but obliged all the same. The door closed softly behind him as the blue-eyed girl marched up to his desk and glared at the man.

    A moment of silence passed between them, as one waited for the other to speak. Until Naruto held up the Journal and pointed to it.

Naruko: "Is what's written here true! Is my father the Fourth Hokage?"

    Hiruzen knew he couldn't lie, not after he now knew the name of her mother. Which no doubt would cause him to ask questions and connect a few dots with the other villagers.

Finally, the old man sighed as he laced his fingers together.

Hirzuen: "...Yes..."

     Naruko clenched her teeth as she growled in anger.

Naruko: "So, you knew! You knew who my parents were this whole time and didn't even bother to tell me! For years I've asked, nay begged you, to tell me who they were and all you ever said was 'it wouldn't matter!"

    She slammed his hands on the desk as she glared into the man she trusted.

Naruko: "Well guess what, it did matter! Why didn't you tell me the Fourth Hokage was my father!? Why didn't you tell me I wasn't the only one to have the Nine-Tails sealed inside of me!? Why didn't you tell me about my God Damn parents!? And why the hell did my father seal the Nine-Tails inside of me!? What else have you been lying to me about!?"

    Sarutobi didn't respond, merely listened to the young man venting in front of him. He sighed before addressing the child.

Naruko: "Naruko, it's not as simple as you think."

Naruko: "It is simple! It was so goddamn simple! Who. Were. My. Parents! A simple question you could've answered just as many times that I asked you!"

"Naruto, you have to understand that your parents had many enemies. Your mother's entire homeland was destroyed by a combined effort from three other nations. If they had found out that you were their son, they would've done anything to get revenge, even though both of them are dead. Yes, I lied to you about not knowing your parents. But it was for your own good, to keep you safe from those that would harm you."

    He pointed at the girl.

Hiruzen: "Not to mention you tend to blurt out things that should be secret. You could've accidentally revealed your lineage and painted a target upon you and the village."

Naruko: "But I'm not a little kid anymore! I can handle the truth! I haven't even told my own teammates about the Nine-tails sealed inside of me!"

   he argued back.