𝟎𝟗: 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐬

Hermione sat in the cozy living room of the Burrow, surrounded by familiar faces—Ginny, Ron, and Harry

Hermione sat in the cozy living room of the Burrow, surrounded by familiar faces—Ginny, Ron, and Harry. Their laughter and banter filled the room as they discussed their recent trip to Diagon Alley to gather their school supplies for the upcoming year at Hogwarts. But Hermione's thoughts were elsewhere, a secret she held close to her heart.

Ginny noticed Hermione's distant gaze and nudged her playfully. "Hermione, you've been a bit quiet today. What's on your mind?"

Hermione blinked, momentarily caught off guard. "Oh, nothing really, just lost in thought."

Ron, ever observant, chimed in with a grin, "Come on, Hermione. Spill the beans. You're not your usual self today."

Harry, leaning back in his chair, joined the conversation with a curious look. "Yeah, Hermione, you can tell us anything. What's going on?"

Hermione offered them a reassuring smile, though her thoughts were still consumed by memories of her summer with Lucian. "Honestly, it's nothing to worry about, just some personal matters."

In truth, Hermione cherished her secret summer with Lucian and had chosen not to share it with her friends. She savored the simplicity and normalcy of their friendship, away from the complexities of the magical world.

Meanwhile, aboard the train to Ilvermorny, Lucian sat with his friends Noah and Lily, excitedly discussing their upcoming school year. They talked about their classes, the magical creatures they hoped to encounter, and the challenges they were looking forward to. One week at Ilvermorny and then they would head over to Hogwarts.

Lucian turned to Noah, known for his mischievous streak. "Noah, got any exciting plans for this year? Any adventures you're looking forward to?"

Noah grinned mischievously. "You bet, Luke! I heard there might be some hidden passages at Hogwarts. I've always wanted to explore them and see what mysteries they hold."

Lily, their friend with a profound knowledge of magical creatures, had a particular fascination with Hippogriffs and their care on the school grounds. Curious about her plans for the year, Lucian asked, "Lily, any new creatures you're hoping to encounter or study this time?"

Lily's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. "Absolutely! I've read about a rare breed of Thestrals that might be found nearby the hidden forest. They're such fascinating creatures, and I'd love to observe them in their natural habitat."

The conversation naturally drifted to the excitement of returning to Ilvermorny, and Lucian couldn't help but share in their enthusiasm. "Yeah, it's going to be a fantastic year at Hogwarts. I can't wait to see what new magical experiences await us."

Lucian then mused aloud, "I wonder if we'll get a chance to catch a glimpse of Harry Potter when we head to Hogwarts."

Noah, always quick with a joke, chuckled. "Luke, my friend, you might as well be a celebrity yourself. Who knows, maybe you'll have a fan club at Hogwarts!"

Lucian waved off the notion with a laugh, his thoughts briefly returning to Hermione, the summer they had shared, and the secret they held between them. As the train sped toward Ilvermorny, the promise of their correspondence and the adventures that lay ahead filled him with a sense of excitement and anticipation. In parallel worlds, Hermione cherished the memories of their secret summer, while Lucian eagerly looked forward to embracing the magic and wonder of the new school year.