𝟎𝟔: 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰

Lucian and Hermione found themselves in a picturesque meadow on the outskirts of town

Lucian and Hermione found themselves in a picturesque meadow on the outskirts of town. It was a serene place, surrounded by wildflowers that swayed gently in the breeze. The meadow offered a perfect escape from the bustling world, and the two friends had brought their books to enjoy some quiet time together.

Lucian was engrossed in "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, a book Hermione had recommended during one of their previous conversations. He marveled at Coelho's wisdom and the profound journey of self-discovery within the story.

Hermione, on the other hand, was immersed in "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger, a book Lucian had suggested in return. She found herself captivated by Holden Caulfield's complex character and his quest for authenticity in a world that often felt superficial.

The meadow's tranquility enveloped them, and the only sounds were the soft rustling of leaves and the occasional chirping of birds. Lucian and Hermione enjoyed the blissful silence, content in each other's company.

After a while, Hermione finally broke the stillness, her voice soft but filled with curiosity. "Lucian, may I ask you something?"

Lucian looked up from his book, his warm hazel eyes meeting her gaze. "Of course, Hermione. You can ask me anything."

She hesitated for a moment, her fingers tracing the cover of her book. "I've been wondering... when do you have to leave again? You know, for school."

Lucian's expression grew thoughtful as he closed his book, setting it aside. He shifted closer to Hermione, their shoulders almost touching. "I have to go back to Boston in a two weeks"

Hermione nodded, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "It's been a wonderful summer, Lucian."

Lucian sat up and smiled at Hermione. "Hermione, It's not over yet! We'll still stay in touch, and I'll be back next summer. And who knows, maybe I can convince my dad to visit during the holidays."

A faint smile tugged at Hermione's lips as she looked up at the sweet boy. "That would be lovely, Lucian. You've become such an important friend to me, and I'm truly grateful for our time together."

As the sun cast a warm glow over the meadow, Hermione couldn't help but think about her own upcoming departure. She had made plans to leave a week early to attend the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasleys, and it was a prospect she was eagerly looking forward to.

And so, they sat in the meadow, the sun casting a warm glow around them, their books temporarily forgotten as they treasured the present moment and the precious friendship that had blossomed between them, with the promise of more adventures and shared stories in the days to come.