Chapter 2: Untrustworthy information

The icy air barely filled my lungs, my breaths grew laboured seeking oxygen. My cold fingers dug within the armpits, hugging myself so body heat spread throughout my limbs. My feet walked ahead of the other at a slow pace and my teeth chattered.
The snow blocked most of my vision, while my feet sunk into it with every step. It was quite troublesome to walk on the snowy peak. I sneezed out, and hugged myself tighter.

"Are we there yet?" I spoke out slowly.

A blurry figure a few steps ahead of me, hiking up the snowy path on this rough terrain responded, "yes yes... we're arriving soon."

I sneeze again and stare at his large jacket that's clearly keeping him warm. He seemed so much more prepared than I was.

"Atleast give me a jacket..." I suggested and he turned his head towards me.

He sported a long white beard and green sharp eyes, that held wisdom behind them. However he did not look a day over 30. It was weird. But the new world is a weird place.

"No can do lass, dis is mine," he grunted out and turned around again.

I huff and click what's left of my warm tongue. Asshole.

The blizzard was vicious and fierce, it took me a while to get the hang of the climate. I'll probably die from the weather before I can complete this request. My nearly frozen toes wiggled in my sandals, trying to regain mobility in them.

Soon we arrived at a cave and he pointed to it's direction, "tis as far as I can go. Dats your destination."

I walk ahead of him and turn around, looking him dead in the eye. A scoff left my mouth and my lip raises.

"I'm charging you 30% extra for lack of information. You never notified me of a snowy mountain on a summer island..." I hug myself more but this time rub my arms with my hands furiously. The man clenched his jaw and nodded averting his gaze.

He swallowed and spat out a response, "Understood missy."

I narrowed my eyes and spoke "It's good you understand, lack of information could get someone killed...if they're not prepared ahead of time."

I turn my head and quickly enter the cave away from the heavy blizzard. My figure disappears within the darkness of the cave, and I quickly take out a lighter from my pocket. I look around in an unsteady fashion, trying to regain some of my senses in my limbs.

Tsk
Tsk
Tsk
Tsssssss

Lighting my lighter took a few attempts, but eventually they light spread through the cave. Giving it a dim ambience, my heart already felt warm even in this bitter cold. I huffed out and saw my breath in the air.
I looked around the cave, my eyes trailed from grounds to the walls, then the ceiling. Strange scratch marks painted all over them, like a sign of struggle. The floors had strange crystals that barely emitted a light, I raise a brow.

I start walking to where the path leads and hear a strange grunting noise, putting my lighter to the direction of it, I couldn't make out anything. I take my bag off my back and unzip it in a untimely fashion. Rummaging through it for a while, I finally get what was needed.

A powered type of torch, that I stole from one of my missions. I have no clue how the thing was made, but it sure is convenient. It had strange grooves and a silver glint to it, with a logo on it, and a name under it.

'Vega punk'

I clicked the button and suddenly the cave was revealed itself. Blood, bones, corpses, insects, hung itself on the ceiling of the large cave.

I whistled.

"So that's where the smell is coming from. Tacky for a choice of design. Would've gone for a more chic look."

Suddenly something comes sprinting to my side at incredible speeds nearly bumping into my figure. It slashed at me. I dodged easily and turned my torch to it.

"Ew, has your dentist ever advise a toothbrush?"

It recoiled and quickly made distance from us. It's teeth were large and black. Eyes green, and slit pupils. A hump like back, and hairy body, with a aggressive countenance.

"You... probably don't have a mate do you? I mean I would be killing people if I looked like that too," I lunged towards it, hitting it shoulder.

It let out a deafening cry and I frowned, "please tell me your mating call is better."

It's arm went numb but it's threw its body to me in a rage. As if like nothing happened, it feel down and I huffed.

"That was slightly traumatizing," I wipe my hands in disgust.

I get closer to the body, and examine it, there were multiple wounds on it that weren't mine, and it was quite large to boot. I accidentally look down and cringe.

"No way...it's a she..." my lip twitches and suddenly my head tilts.

Its rather small, they said it would have been bigger-

My light travels upwards and I see a larger figure in the background, a exact replica of the one on the ground.

"Shit, I should really beat those villagers up after this..."

The cold leaves it breath as it aggressively heaves. It seems to come from outside, as the snow has coated it's fur. I cringe. That's probably momma, and she does not seem pleased to have attended her child's funeral.