74|| Love so Pure

Comincia dall'inizio

"I can't imagine why-" Elijah was still not over how she managed to get a drink right under his nose but he forced himself to because that was the least important thing right now. For other reasons his heart thudded inside his chest.

"Well!" she pulled away, "Boy do I have a story for you! Everyone in there was acting so strangely. I know my best friends and I've never seen them like that, I just couldn't shake the feeling they were all keeping something from me, like an inside joke I'm unaware of, plus they were so stiff and guarded and for what reason? I haven't the slightest clue," Sophia went on a small rant, "Everyones acting sobweird, even you, birthday boy! It's your damn birthday yet it's as if I'm the only one on stage and you stood in a corner like a damn scrooge all night! I thought we were supposed to do this together!"

Sophia groaned and pulled away, covering her face with her hands, "God this is crazy right, you agree that it is right-?"

He pulled her in, cutting her rant short. Sophia gasped then literally melted into his warmth. She felt so comfortable in his arms it had to be illegal, surely it had to.

"Its not," Elijah made a sound similar to a laugh which made her scowl at him. That however disappeared the second he kissed her forehead, her cheek and practically everywhere else on her face until she began laughing, putting up a weak struggle, that wasn't really a struggle at all, to escape.

"Eli- stop it!"

"No," he murmured against her skin, "I really...really love you, Sophia."

Sophia stilled, and her heart which already shuddered dangerously in her chest, stuttered even more.

The fluttery feeling in her chest couldn't be put into words. She was already tipsy before but this time he made her drunk on him with only a few words and simple actions. It was nothing strange or out of the ordinary and the attention he doused on get tonight was no different, maybe that's why she was so confused. "I love you too," her voice was a squeak.

"I'm so sorry I made you feel this way," he coddled her even more and Sophia nearly melted then and there.

"You should be-!" Sophia complained under his overwhelming outpouring of affection, vying for more under the guise of being begrudging. Her heart was beating as if new life had been given to it. They stared into the others eyes, the emotion was was thick, so thick that anyone could cut it with a knife. Sophia's already weak knees were extra weak under his gaze that seemed to stare right through her soul.

"-I had to wait, or else I feared I couldn't control myself."

Sophia swallowed thickly. He said this everytime yet just this morning he'd become Buddha himself in terms of controll while driving her crazy. "Wait? Waiting for what?" Her voice was a whisper.

Elijah took her and walked with her close to the edge of the elevated reception area, even further from the table with the drink they were supposed to be sharing. The railings were pretty, decorated with flowers and greenery vines. In front and below them was a good distance of sand then rushing waves and a wide expanse of water that seemed to become one with the sky the further it went down the horizon. It was beautiful. Behind them was the huge luxury resort that went up far into the sky with it's connected buildings.

Sophia preffered the beautiful sight out there. The sand didn't go on for miles, the light from the building shone brightly illuminating a some of it, Sophia guessed it was so people could go on a nightly walk by the beach without worrying about it being pitch black. Further on the coast, a beautiful dark blue green color rushed in an out with the moving waves and tide. The bioluminescent sea algae made the ocean look alive but further beyond that, there was nothing except pitch black.